Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Kyle Rau from Iowa
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forward Kyle Rau from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) to the taxi squad.
Rau, 29 (10/24/92), has recorded 25 points (10-15=25), a plus-6 rating, four power-play goals (PPG), three game-winning goals (GWG) and 63 shots on goal in 26 games with Iowa this season. He leads the team in GWG (ranks T-8th in the AHL), ranks T-1st in goals and plus/minus rating and is second in scoring and assists. The 5-foot-9, 171-pound native of Eden Prairie, Minn., collected 11 points (4-7=11) in a season-high six-game point streak from Oct. 22-Nov. 21. The left-shot forward tied his career-high three assists on Oct. 22 vs. Rockford. He owns 229 points (102-127=229), 36 PPG, 11 GWG, five shorthanded goals and 831 shots on goal in 333 career AHL games with San Antonio, Portland, Springfield and Iowa (2014-22).
Rau has also appeared in four games with Minnesota this season. He owns seven points (2-5=7) in 60 career NHL contests with Florida and the Wild (2015-22). He was originally selected by Florida in the third round (91st overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft and signed as a free agent with Minnesota on July 1, 2017. Rau wears sweater No. 37 with the Wild.
Minnesota plays at the New York Rangers on Friday, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. CT. Iowa plays at home against the San Diego Gulls on Friday, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. CT.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team's website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2022
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Two Minutes for Thoughts: January 27th, 2022 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dylan Scott to Perform Post-Game Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Justin Abdelkader Joins Team USA as Alternate - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Launch 11 Game Family Day Mega 50/50 Jackpot - Belleville Senators
- El Lazo, Star Wars Night Highlight Roadrunners Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brett Sutter Set to Appear in 1,000th Career Pro Game Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Viveiros Returns to Silver Knights - Henderson Silver Knights
- Belleville Sens to Play Home Games on January 28 and February 2 Without Fans in Attendance - Belleville Senators
- Thunderbirds Return Home Friday & Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Amazon to Present Amazon Community Heroes Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Re-Assign Joe Snively to Taxi Squad from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Sikura Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Cole Koepke, Darren Raddysh from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Kick off February with Princess Night, Youth Jersey Giveaway - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Delia Recalled to Blackhawks; Morris and Soderblom Return - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Reassign Goaltender Evan Cormier - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Recall Brodzinski and Jones to Active Roster, Gettinger, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi and Reunanen to Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Kyle Rau from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Ink Patrick Watling to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Weekly #16: Hershey Hits Midpoint of Season - Hershey Bears
- Special Teams Doom Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Power Play Drives Eagles to Eighth Straight Win - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Return Home To Tucson Arena With Wednesday Night Matchup Against Bakersfield Condors - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Beat Wolves in Overtime to Extend Point Streak to Five - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Earn Hard Fought Point in Overtime Loss to Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Can't Hold on to Stars - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Iowa Wild Signs Goaltender C.J. Motte to a One-Year AHL Contract
- Minnesota Wild Signs Goaltender Jesper Wallstedt to a Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract
- Iowa Wild Defenseman Dakota Mermis Selected as Winner of Yanick Dupré Memorial Award
- Iowa Drops Season Finale to Rockford, 6-1
- Rau's Record-Breaking Performance Leads Wild to 5-3 Victory over IceHogs