El Lazo, Star Wars Night Highlight Roadrunners Weekend
Tucson, Arizona - The Tucson Roadrunners will host their next El Lazo de Tucson Friday night at 7 p.m. and Star Wars Night Saturday at 7 p.m. as they continue their series with Bakersfield at Tucson Arena.
Friday, the Roadrunners will also be offering $2 Soft Drinks, $3 Hot Dogs and $3 Draft Beers during the El Lazo celebration that will feature another special performance by Mariachi Los Diablitos de Sunnyside High School as 92.1 y 95.7 La Caliente will be outside Tucson Arena with their playlist rolling prior to the game with the team's Mascot Dusty will once again assuming his El Lazo identity as El Polvo, meaning "The Dust" in Spanish. The first 1,500 fans will also receive a Roadrunners El Lazo de Tucson poster when entering the arena and Roadrunners Give Back, a branch of the Arizona Coyotes Foundation, will be selling signed El Lazo Mystery Pucks for $25. All Roadrunners players signed three pucks which were then wrapped for the mystery.
About El Lazo de Tucson
The Roadrunnners 'El Lazo' identity is a continuing effort to embrace all that is Southern Arizona and the history and culture of the community. The El Lazo mark features the skull of a Roadrunner in celebration of Dia de Los Muertos and the All Souls Procession (a public ceremony began in Tucson in 1990). El Lazo, Spanish for 'lariat' or 'lasso', is taken from the City of Tucson's city seal that ties together the modern city and the historic area that is now Tucson. The Tucson Rodeo and Parade is held every February and celebrates the ranching history of the area. The skull in the logo is wearing a cowboy hat to reflect this historic tradition in Southern Arizona. The team unveiled their El Lazo identity in 2020 and skated in their El Lazo jerseys for three games during the 2020-2021 season. 2021-2022 will mark the team's second season featuring games in their El Lazo identities. The final El Lazo de Tucson of the regular season will be on Friday, April 1.
Saturday night, the Roadrunners team with Rock 102.1 KFMA and 94.9 Mix FM for Star Wars night and the first 250 kids to come in a Star Wars themed costume will receive a pair of tickets to the team's Youth Jersey Giveaway game on Saturday, February 19. In addition Saturday, Family Packs are available that include four tickets and $20 in Concessions at TucsonRoadrunners.com/Family. Star Wars characters will be on hand including: Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, Princess Leia, Kylo Ren and many many more. There will also be a photo booth for fans to get photos with characters.
To wrap up Saturday, the team will invite several hundred local Boy Scouts, who enjoyed the game on Saturday night onto the ice for a postgame puck shot to conclude Star Wars Night. Interested Boy Scouts who still want to get involved can CLICK HERE.
And finally this weekend, the Roadrunners will be completing their January Alumni Jersey auction by auctioning off past Roadrunners game worn jerseys from fan favorites currently with the Coyotes to benefit the Matt Shott Memorial Fun which supports growing the game of hockey for youth in Arizona. The alumni Roadrunners jerseys include: Dysin Mayo, Kyle Capobianco, Cam Dineen and Barrett Hayton. The online auction can be found at TucsonRoadrunners.com/Skatin. Matt Shott, the Coyotes Vice President of Hockey Development, passed away on December 19 after a courageous battle with cancer.
Last Call For Ten55
Ten55 Brewing Company is still offering a special deal for the Roadrunners final three January home games this weekend against the Bakersfield Condors. Fans can purchase two game tickets and receive a $25 gift card to Ten55, a $125 value for just $49. More information on this special offer can be found HERE.
About the Roadrunners
In their sixth season owned and operated by the Arizona Coyotes as their AHL affiliate, the Roadrunners have welcomed over 500,000 fans to cheer them on at Tucson Convention Center since 2016. As proud members of the Southern Arizona community, the Roadrunners and Roadrunners Give Back, a branch of the Arizona Coyotes Foundation, take pride in supporting all community organizations with donations, volunteerism and public appearances by: Executives, Coaches, Players and the team's Mascot Dusty. On the ice, the Roadrunners have secured Pacific Division Championships in two of their first four seasons. 44 players since 2016 have dressed in games for both the Roadrunners and Coyotes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2022
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Two Minutes for Thoughts: January 27th, 2022 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dylan Scott to Perform Post-Game Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Justin Abdelkader Joins Team USA as Alternate - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Launch 11 Game Family Day Mega 50/50 Jackpot - Belleville Senators
- El Lazo, Star Wars Night Highlight Roadrunners Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brett Sutter Set to Appear in 1,000th Career Pro Game Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Viveiros Returns to Silver Knights - Henderson Silver Knights
- Belleville Sens to Play Home Games on January 28 and February 2 Without Fans in Attendance - Belleville Senators
- Thunderbirds Return Home Friday & Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Amazon to Present Amazon Community Heroes Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Re-Assign Joe Snively to Taxi Squad from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Sikura Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Cole Koepke, Darren Raddysh from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Kick off February with Princess Night, Youth Jersey Giveaway - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Delia Recalled to Blackhawks; Morris and Soderblom Return - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Reassign Goaltender Evan Cormier - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Recall Brodzinski and Jones to Active Roster, Gettinger, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi and Reunanen to Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Kyle Rau from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Ink Patrick Watling to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Weekly #16: Hershey Hits Midpoint of Season - Hershey Bears
- Special Teams Doom Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Power Play Drives Eagles to Eighth Straight Win - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Return Home To Tucson Arena With Wednesday Night Matchup Against Bakersfield Condors - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Beat Wolves in Overtime to Extend Point Streak to Five - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Earn Hard Fought Point in Overtime Loss to Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Can't Hold on to Stars - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.