IceHogs Earn Hard Fought Point in Overtime Loss to Wild
ROCKFORD, IL- The Rockford IceHogs (15-14-2-1) dropped a physical 2-1 contest to the Iowa Wild (16-16-2-2) in overtime at BMO Harris Bank Center on Wednesday night. The Hogs and Wild combined for a season-high 66 penalty minutes in the midweek contest.
In overtime, with a delayed penalty being called on Rockford defenseman Nicolas Beaudin Wild Forward Joseph Cramarossa buried the game-winning goal at 2:32.
Iowa got on the board first when forward Marco Rossi found the back of the net on a one-timer from the high slot at 8:52 into the opening frame.
Rockford responded in the second period when forward Mike Hardman took advantage of a Rossi double-minor hooking and high-sticking penalty and executed the power play goal at 13:39 in the frame.
That's all the teams would get through in regulation while both goalies were solid between the pipes. Rockford goalie Collin Delia helped the IceHogs earn a point in the standings, turning away 25 Iowa shots. Zane McIntyre earned the win for the Wild turning away 20 shots.
The IceHogs hit the road for the first time since early January with stops against the Milwaukee Admirals and Chicago Wolves on Friday, Jan. 28 and Saturday, Jan. 29! The IceHogs and Admirals collide Friday night at 7 p.m. and the IceHogs and Wolves renew their in-state rivalry on Saturday at 7 p.m. Tune in to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank Center!
The IceHogs return home to BMO Harris Bank Center and open up February on Wednesday, Feb. 2 at 7 PM against Milwaukee on a Winning Weekday! If the IceHogs win, YOU WIN! If the IceHogs grab the victory, every fan in attendance will receive a FREE ticket to the next IceHogs weekday game! Buy Tickets
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2022
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Two Minutes for Thoughts: January 27th, 2022 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dylan Scott to Perform Post-Game Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Justin Abdelkader Joins Team USA as Alternate - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Launch 11 Game Family Day Mega 50/50 Jackpot - Belleville Senators
- El Lazo, Star Wars Night Highlight Roadrunners Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brett Sutter Set to Appear in 1,000th Career Pro Game Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Viveiros Returns to Silver Knights - Henderson Silver Knights
- Belleville Sens to Play Home Games on January 28 and February 2 Without Fans in Attendance - Belleville Senators
- Thunderbirds Return Home Friday & Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Amazon to Present Amazon Community Heroes Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Re-Assign Joe Snively to Taxi Squad from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Sikura Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Cole Koepke, Darren Raddysh from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Kick off February with Princess Night, Youth Jersey Giveaway - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Delia Recalled to Blackhawks; Morris and Soderblom Return - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Reassign Goaltender Evan Cormier - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Recall Brodzinski and Jones to Active Roster, Gettinger, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi and Reunanen to Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Kyle Rau from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Ink Patrick Watling to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Weekly #16: Hershey Hits Midpoint of Season - Hershey Bears
- Special Teams Doom Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Power Play Drives Eagles to Eighth Straight Win - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Return Home To Tucson Arena With Wednesday Night Matchup Against Bakersfield Condors - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Beat Wolves in Overtime to Extend Point Streak to Five - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Earn Hard Fought Point in Overtime Loss to Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Can't Hold on to Stars - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO
- IceHogs Outshot, Overpowered by Wolves
- IceHogs and Wolves Meet for Game 2 of Central Division Semifinals Tonight in Rosemont
- Hogs Fall to Wolves in Game 1 of Central Division Semifinals