Rangers Recall Brodzinski and Jones to Active Roster, Gettinger, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi and Reunanen to Taxi Squad
HARTFORD, CT - The New York Rangers announced a series of transactions on Thursday morning. The club has recalled forward Jonny Brodzinski and defenseman Zac Jones to the active roster from the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack. In addition, the Rangers have recalled forwards Tim Gettinger and Lauri Pajuniemi and defensemen Tarmo Reunanen and Nils Lundkvist to the taxi squad.
Brodzinski, signed by the Rangers on October 9th, 2020, leads the Wolf Pack with 28 points (13 g, 15 a) on the season. His 13 goals are also the leading mark among Wolf Pack skaters. Currently, Brodzinski has scored goals in six straight games for the Wolf Pack. That is the longest scoring streak of his career.
The native of Ham Lake, Minnesota, has skated in three games this season with the Rangers. He made his season debut with the club on January 8th in Anaheim against the Anaheim Ducks. Over the course of two seasons, Brodzinski has skated in eight games with the Rangers and scored one goal.
Jones, selected in the third round (68th overall) by the Rangers in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, has skated in 25 games with the Wolf Pack in his rookie professional season. Jones has scored 18 points (4 g, 14 a), including his first professional goal, with the Pack in 2021-22. He's also skated in three NHL games with the Rangers on the campaign.
Gettinger, selected in the fifth round (141st overall) by the Rangers in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, has scored 19 points (8 g, 11 a) in 24 games with the Wolf Pack this season. He has appeared in five games with the Rangers during the 2021-22 season, with his season debut coming back on January 2nd against the Tampa Bay Lightning. In all, Gettinger has appeared in 13 career NHL games with the Rangers.
Reunanen, selected in the fourth round (98th overall) by the Rangers in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, leads the Wolf Pack with a +13 rating in 2021-22. In 24 games this season with the club, Reunanen has scored 14 points (1 g, 13 a). He is second on the club in points among defenseman this season, behind only Jones.
Pajuniemi, selected in the fifth round (132nd overall) by the Rangers in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, has scored 17 points (8 g, 9 a) in 33 games during his rookie AHL season. Pajuniemi scored his first career AHL goal on opening night against the Bridgeport Islanders at the XL Center. He has yet to make his NHL debut.
Lundkvist, selected in the first round (28th overall) by the Rangers in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, is in his rookie North American season. He has appeared in 25 games with the Rangers, scoring four points (1 g, 3 a). Lundkvist made his NHL debut on October 14th, 2021, against the Dallas Stars at Madison Square Garden. He scored his first career NHL goal on December 8th, 2021, against the Colorado Avalanche. In seven AHL games, Lundkvist has scored one assist.
The Pack is back at the XL Center on Friday night! Join us for $2 beers and $1 hot dogs, presented by Nomads Entertainment, as the Providence Bruins come to town. Puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m. On Saturday, journey with us to a galaxy far, far away for 'Star Wars Night' at the XL Center! The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will be in town, with puck drop also set for 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available at www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2022
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Two Minutes for Thoughts: January 27th, 2022 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dylan Scott to Perform Post-Game Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Justin Abdelkader Joins Team USA as Alternate - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Belleville Sens Launch 11 Game Family Day Mega 50/50 Jackpot - Belleville Senators
- El Lazo, Star Wars Night Highlight Roadrunners Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brett Sutter Set to Appear in 1,000th Career Pro Game Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Viveiros Returns to Silver Knights - Henderson Silver Knights
- Belleville Sens to Play Home Games on January 28 and February 2 Without Fans in Attendance - Belleville Senators
- Thunderbirds Return Home Friday & Saturday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Amazon to Present Amazon Community Heroes Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Re-Assign Joe Snively to Taxi Squad from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Sikura Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Cole Koepke, Darren Raddysh from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Kick off February with Princess Night, Youth Jersey Giveaway - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Delia Recalled to Blackhawks; Morris and Soderblom Return - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Reassign Goaltender Evan Cormier - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Recall Brodzinski and Jones to Active Roster, Gettinger, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi and Reunanen to Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Kyle Rau from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Ink Patrick Watling to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Weekly #16: Hershey Hits Midpoint of Season - Hershey Bears
- Special Teams Doom Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Power Play Drives Eagles to Eighth Straight Win - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Return Home To Tucson Arena With Wednesday Night Matchup Against Bakersfield Condors - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Beat Wolves in Overtime to Extend Point Streak to Five - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Earn Hard Fought Point in Overtime Loss to Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Can't Hold on to Stars - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- Wolf Pack Represtened at 2022 IIHF Men's World Championship
- Jared Degler Named Wolf Pack Team Winner of AHL's IOA/American Speciality Person of the Year Award
- Two Minutes for Thoughts: May 3rd, 2022
- Rangers Recall Seven from Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack End Season with 6-3 Victory over Visiting Penguins