Marlies Looking for Third Straight Win at Home
The Toronto Marlies (3-4-0-1) will look to earn a third straight win at home Friday night when the visiting Syracuse Crunch (2-3-0-0) come to town.
The two North Division foes know each other well, meeting in the second round of the postseason in each of the past two years. Toronto finished out a sweep in Syracuse in the last meeting between the two sides, who always seem to ratchet up the rivalry when they meet.
Tuesday night action saw the Marlies defeat Laval 2-1 in overtime and before that it was a 3-2 victory over Hartford on home ice that sees the Marlies with points in three consecutive games.
Syracuse last played Saturday, dropping a 4-3 contest to Binghamton at home.
One key area for the Marlies entering tonight's game will be converting on opportunities with the man advantage. The power play has gotten off to a good start, scoring on 20.6% of chances, and will look to build on that against a Crunch penalty kill that has struggled so far, killing off just 69.6% of shorthanded situations.
Trevor Moore (6G, 2A) and Sam Gagner (4G, 4A) continue to lead the Marlies offensively this season with 8 points apiece while Carl Grundstrom (3G, 4A) has six points in his last three games.
Rookie Alex Barre-Boulet leads the Crunch with five points (2G, 3A) on the season while Andy Andreoff and Gabriel Dumont are second in scoring with four apiece.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 and fans can catch all the action on Leafs Nation Network and AHLTV.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates and behind-the-scenes access from Coca-Cola Coliseum.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
3-4-0-1 Overall Record 2-3-0-0
0-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-0-0-0
Win 2 Streak Loss 1
31 Goals For 14
35 Goals Against 16
20.6% Power Play Percentage 21.4%
78.8% Penalty Kill Percentage 69.6%
T. Moore (6) Leading Goal Scorer A. Andreoff (3)
T. Moore, S. Gagner (8) Leading Points Scorer A. Barre-Boulet (5)
J. Glass (2) Wins Leader C. Ingram, E. Pasquale (1)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2018
- Iowa Earns 6-5 Overtime Win against Colorado - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Scare off Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wedgewood, Amerks Shutout Comets for 4-0 Win - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Hold off Stars in Third Period - Texas Stars
- Eagles Winning Streak Comes to End in 6-5 OT Loss to Wild - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Overtime, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carr, Wolves Drive Past Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Johnson Leads Penguins over Bears, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bean Scores First Pro Goal in Overtime to Beat Devils - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Force Overtime in 4-3 Loss to Checkers - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Win First Ever Contest against Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Johnson Scores Twice, Bears Blanked in Wilkes-Barre - Hershey Bears
- Comets Shutout by Americans - Utica Comets
- Marlies Looking for Third Straight Win at Home - Toronto Marlies
- T-Birds Host Providence, Hartford on Saturday & Sunday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce Three Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Game #7 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Launch Fourth Annual "Share the Warmth" Winter Clothing Drive - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night and Tumbler Giveaway Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Assign Sheldon Rempal to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat in San Diego Searching for Third-Straight Road Win at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Senators Recall Paterson from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Griffins, October 26 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Marlies to Face Cleveland Monsters in Second Round of 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs
- Marlies Advance to North Division Finals
- Marlies Host Americans for Game Three at Coca-Cola Coliseum
- Marlies Set for Game Two in Rochester
- Marlies Kick off Best-Of-Five Series Tonight in Rochester