Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Overtime, 3-2
MILWAUKEE, WI - The Cleveland Monsters, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, were defeated by the Milwaukee Admirals on Friday night at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena by a final score of 3-2 in overtime. With the loss, the Monsters dropped to 5-3-1-0 overall this season and with a .611 points percentage, remain alone in second place in the AHL's North Division standings.
Milwaukee jumped out to an early 2-0 lead thanks to first period even-strength goals from Anthony Richard at 5:53 on feeds from Emile Pettersson and Frederic Allard, and from Tanner Jeannot at 18:58 on assists from Jeremy Gregoire and Allard.
The Monsters evened things up with Milwaukee, 2-2, in the second period courtesy of veteran forward Mark Letestu's two goals - the first tally at 1:33 of the middle stanza set up by Ryan MacInnis, and the second coming at 6:10 of the frame on an assist from Monsters blue-liner Doyle Somerby.
After a scoreless third period, it was Milwaukee defenseman Matt Donovan who scored at 3:00 of overtime on feeds from Nicholas Baptiste and Tyler Gaudet to give the Admirals a 3-2 win.
Cleveland goaltender Jean-Francois Berube stopped 15 of 18 shots faced to fall to 3-3-1 on the season, while Admirals backstop Tom McCollum stopped 30 of the 32 pucks he faced, improving to 4-1-1 on the year.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Saturday road clash vs. the Rockford IceHogs with full coverage, live from BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, IL, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
2018-19 Monsters Hockey Club Memberships, providing fans the ability to lock in the lowest ticket prices, the best seat locations to each game, custom member benefits and an exclusive Monsters jersey, are now available! Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000 or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
Images from this story
Cleveland Monsters LW Paul Bittner vs. the Milwaukee Admirals
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2018
- Iowa Earns 6-5 Overtime Win against Colorado - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Scare off Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wedgewood, Amerks Shutout Comets for 4-0 Win - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Hold off Stars in Third Period - Texas Stars
- Eagles Winning Streak Comes to End in 6-5 OT Loss to Wild - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Overtime, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carr, Wolves Drive Past Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Johnson Leads Penguins over Bears, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bean Scores First Pro Goal in Overtime to Beat Devils - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Force Overtime in 4-3 Loss to Checkers - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Win First Ever Contest against Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Johnson Scores Twice, Bears Blanked in Wilkes-Barre - Hershey Bears
- Comets Shutout by Americans - Utica Comets
- Marlies Looking for Third Straight Win at Home - Toronto Marlies
- T-Birds Host Providence, Hartford on Saturday & Sunday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce Three Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Game #7 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Launch Fourth Annual "Share the Warmth" Winter Clothing Drive - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night and Tumbler Giveaway Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Assign Sheldon Rempal to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat in San Diego Searching for Third-Straight Road Win at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Senators Recall Paterson from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Griffins, October 26 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Announce Joe Thomas Bobblehead for 'Cleveland Sports Legends' Night at the Q on February 9th
- Gerbe's Two Goals Lead Monsters Past Phantoms, 4-2
- Monsters Stymied in 1-0 Road Loss to Penguins
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to Monsters
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters