Admirals Scare off Monsters
Milwaukee, WI - Matt Donovan ripped a slapper from the right circle at exactly three minutes into overtime to give the Admirals a 3-2 win over the Cleveland Monsters on Friday night at Panther Arena.
Tom McCollum turned aside 30 Cleveland shots to earn his fourth victory of the season, while the win ran the Admirals record to 7-1-1 overall and 3-0 on home ice.
For the third time this season Anthony Richard scored the game's first goal, tonight converting a 3-on-1 with a wrister from the right dot that beat JF Berube five-hole at the 5:53 mark of the first period. It was Richard's fifth goal overall this season.
Tanner Jeannot pushed the Admirals lead to 2-0 when he lit the lamp with just 1:02 left in the opening frame. Jeannot had his first crack at the goal off a rebound of a Zach Magwood stop. However, Berube turned that one aside and the puck eventually found its way out to the Freddy Allard, who rifled a shot from the left circle that Berube stopped again, but this time Jeannot was there to pounce on the puck for his second of the season.
The Monsters best chance of the first period came on a penalty shot after Miles Koules was hauled down from behind on a breakaway. However, Ads netminder Tom McCollum flashed the leather with a quick glove save to help send the team into the locker room with a two-goal advantage.
The second period belonged to the Monsters as they scored twice and killed off two consecutive Milwaukee power-plays to level the score at two after 40 minutes. Mark Letestu was responsible for both of their tallies, scoring first at the 1:33 mark and then again at 6:10.
Neither team was able to get on the board in the third period, setting the stage for Donovan's heroics.
The Admirals are right back at it as they continue their five-game homestand by hosting the Manitoba Moose Saturday night at 6 pm at Panther Arena. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2018
- Iowa Earns 6-5 Overtime Win against Colorado - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Scare off Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wedgewood, Amerks Shutout Comets for 4-0 Win - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Hold off Stars in Third Period - Texas Stars
- Eagles Winning Streak Comes to End in 6-5 OT Loss to Wild - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Overtime, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carr, Wolves Drive Past Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Johnson Leads Penguins over Bears, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bean Scores First Pro Goal in Overtime to Beat Devils - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Force Overtime in 4-3 Loss to Checkers - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Win First Ever Contest against Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Johnson Scores Twice, Bears Blanked in Wilkes-Barre - Hershey Bears
- Comets Shutout by Americans - Utica Comets
- Marlies Looking for Third Straight Win at Home - Toronto Marlies
- T-Birds Host Providence, Hartford on Saturday & Sunday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce Three Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Game #7 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Launch Fourth Annual "Share the Warmth" Winter Clothing Drive - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night and Tumbler Giveaway Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Assign Sheldon Rempal to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat in San Diego Searching for Third-Straight Road Win at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Senators Recall Paterson from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Griffins, October 26 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.