Carr, Wolves Drive Past Stars
CEDAR PARK, Texas - Daniel Carr's highlight-reel goal late in the second period stood up as the game-winner as the Chicago Wolves opened up a five-game road trip with a 4-3 victory over the Texas Stars on Friday night at H-E-B Center.
Wolves forward Brooks Macek delivered his ninth goal of the year to pull into a share of the American Hockey League lead while Brandon Pirri and defenseman Griffin Reinhart also scored for the Wolves (6-1-0-1).
After Texas' Roope Hintz notched the game's first goal, Reinhart pounced on a turnover in the slot and rifled it home at 10:07 to make it 1-1.
Macek roofed a one-timer from the slot to give the Wolves a 2-1 lead late in the first period. Texas answered with a pair of second-period goals, but Pirri and T.J. Tynan played give-and-go to set up Pirri's one-time blast from the right circle for a 3-3 tie at 12:04 of the second.
The Wolves seized a 4-3 lead with 3:42 left in the second on Carr's eye-popping goal. Racing down the right wing, Carr collected a Pirri pass behind his back, tapped the puck between his legs to move it ahead of his body and fired top-shelf to beat Texas goaltender Landon Bow.
Wolves goaltender Oscar Dansk (3-0-1) posted 30 saves to earn the win. Bow (3-1-1) stopped 27 shots for the Stars (4-2-1-1).
The Wolves stay on the road against the San Antonio Rampage at 3 p.m. Sunday. The team's next home game comes Saturday, Nov. 10, in an Illinois Lottery Cup clash with the Rockford IceHogs. To get the best ticket deals, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 26, 2018
- Iowa Earns 6-5 Overtime Win against Colorado - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Scare off Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wedgewood, Amerks Shutout Comets for 4-0 Win - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Hold off Stars in Third Period - Texas Stars
- Eagles Winning Streak Comes to End in 6-5 OT Loss to Wild - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Overtime, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carr, Wolves Drive Past Stars - Chicago Wolves
- Johnson Leads Penguins over Bears, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bean Scores First Pro Goal in Overtime to Beat Devils - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Force Overtime in 4-3 Loss to Checkers - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Win First Ever Contest against Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Johnson Scores Twice, Bears Blanked in Wilkes-Barre - Hershey Bears
- Comets Shutout by Americans - Utica Comets
- Marlies Looking for Third Straight Win at Home - Toronto Marlies
- T-Birds Host Providence, Hartford on Saturday & Sunday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce Three Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Game #7 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Launch Fourth Annual "Share the Warmth" Winter Clothing Drive - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night and Tumbler Giveaway Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Assign Sheldon Rempal to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat in San Diego Searching for Third-Straight Road Win at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Senators Recall Paterson from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Griffins, October 26 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.