Lynx forward John Laliberte to play with Milwaukee Admirals in AHL
Augusta, GA - Augusta Lynx Head Coach Bob Ferguson announced today that forward John Laliberte has signed a professional tryout contract with the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League. Laliberte becomes the fourth Lynx player in the month of December alone to be called up to the AHL. He joins Matt Christie and Ryan Dingle, who are with the Portland Pirates, and Aaron Slattengren who is with the Manitoba Moose.
Laliberte played in 27 games last year with the Admirals, scoring 10 points. He was having a very good season with the Lynx thus far, scoring 28 points (15g, 13a) in 29 games played for Augusta. "We are very happy for John to get this opportunity," said Ferguson. "We have several players having great seasons so far, so we can't be surprised that many of them are getting opportunities right now to play in the AHL."
The Augusta Lynx return home on Monday, December 31st against the Charlotte Checkers at 7:05pm at the James Brown Arena. Following the game there will be a New Year's Eve party in the Lynx Den with the Augusta Lynx players and staff. There will be a traditional Southern-style buffet, live entertainment, bounce houses for the kids, and a countdown to midnight. Visit www.augustalynx.com or call 706-724-4423 for more information on Lynx ticket packages, pricing and upcoming events.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2007
- Bombers Come Back to Beat Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Chiefs nipped by Jackals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Depleted Stingrays Make it an Even Dozen With 3-1 Win Over Inferno - South Carolina Stingrays
- Shorthanded Lynx come up empty against Checkers - Augusta Lynx
- Checkers shutout Lynx, win 2-0 - Charlotte Checkers
- Rays Sting Inferno 3-1 - Columbia Inferno
- Pepperall Picks up another Point, but Devils Fall to Cinci 3-1 - Trenton Devils
- Steelheads Shutout RoadRunners 2-0 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Silverthorn And Steelheads Blank RoadRunners 2-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Run Winning Streak To Eight - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Checkers Receive Goaltender Holt - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Jackals Thank Fans For Delivering Holiday Cheer - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield's Griffith, Later, Leslie Fined - ECHL
- Mississippi, Texas Tie ECHL Record With Three Hat Tricks - ECHL
- Wildcatters Weekly - Texas Wildcatters
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Las Vegas Heads Into New Year With First Place In Pacific Division - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Lynx forward John Laliberte to play with Milwaukee Admirals in AHL - Augusta Lynx
- Las Vegas Receives Goalie Kevin Lalande From Flames - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Sertich Gets First AHL Call - Utah Grizzlies
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- New Year Begins With Road Test at Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Stingrays Host Columbia Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Devils Streaking Towards The New Year - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Salmon Kings Split Versus Falcons - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condors close 2007 with win over the first-place Wranglers, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.