Lynx Acquire Mark O'Leary
AUGUSTA, Ga..− The Augusta Lynx have acquired forward Mark O'Leary from the Trenton Devils in exchange for future considerations, Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations John Marks announced.
"Mark is a very high-energy, hard-working player," Marks said. "He's the kind of guy who can give us a real spark."
O'Leary, 21, has four assists and 17 penalty minutes in 15 games this season split between Trenton and Reading. The 5-foot-10, 195-pound native of Owen Sound, Ontario, also had four points (three goals, one assist) and 29 penalty minutes in 16 games with Grand Rapids of the AHL. O'Leary also has 141 penalty minutes and 24 points (eight goals, 16 assists) in 103 career regular-season games with Rio Grande Valley of the CHL from 2006-07 through 2007-08
The club also announced that goaltender Riku Helenius has been recalled to the Norfolk Admirals of the AHL, and that goaltender Andrew Gallant has been loaned to the Lynx by the Knoxville Ice Bears of the SPHL. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Gallant is 6-1 with a 2.85 goals-against average with Knoxville this season.
The Lynx return to the James Brown Arena on Tuesday, Dec. 16 when they host the S.C. Stingrays for 2 for Tuesday night, presented by Metro Spirit. All beverages will be two for the price of one. Season tickets, group tickets, and birthday packages are all available by calling 706.724.4423 or by logging on to AugustaLynx.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2008
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Condors Top $3 million mark in cash, goods and services - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Head For Idaho; Home December 9 - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Teddy Bear Toss brings in 7,614 stuffed animals, most in Condors history - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- 8,929 Condors fans donate record 7,614 stuffed animals at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads To Retire Mylymok's #4 On Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Knock Off Alaska, Prepare for Reign, Falcons - Stockton Thunder
- Bombers Weekly News - Dayton Bombers
- Steelheads and Booster Club Host Marine Corps Toys for Tots Toss on Friday - Idaho Steelheads
- Dubuc Assigned to Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lynx Acquire Mark O'Leary - Augusta Lynx
- RoadRunners Acquire Burnett From Trenton - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Everblades Have Record-Setting Week - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Reign Weeklong Toy Drive For Steven's Hope Begins Monday - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Set For December - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Canned Food Drive a Success - Atlanta Gladiators
- Trenton Devils Weekly - Trenton Devils
- Florida Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Mourns Loss Of Official Frank - ECHL
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Continues Series with Las Vegas This Week at Home - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Win Four Straight - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Acquire Fuller from Augusta - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Suffer Late Game Loss in Dayton, 4-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.