The Week That Was...
Over the Thanksgiving holiday the Stingrays traveled down to Biloxi, Mississippi to face the Sea Wolves for three games in a row.
On Thursday, the Rays battled from behind, with Brad Farynuk, Keith Johnson and Trent Campbell scoring power play goals, but ultimately fell 5-4 in overtime. Ryan Munce was in goal for the Sea Wolves stopping 24 shots and Bobby Goepfert was in net for the Rays.
On Friday, Tommy Maxwell scored his fourth goal of the season, with newest Stingray Ben Boudreau earning his first assist with the team, but that wasn't enough as the Sea Wolves once again defeated the Rays 3-1. Michal Neuvirth stopped 18 of 20 shots for the Rays.
Saturday night was a different story. The Stingrays peppered 53 shots at Mississippi goaltender Ryan Munce and won 2-1. Paul Kelly and Brad Farynuk had the two tallies on Saturday. Neuvirth earned the win.
Record: 11-4-1-1 (24 points)
Goals: Maxime Lacroix (10)
Assists: Travis Morin (13)
Points: Michael Dubuc (18)
Shots: Dubuc (58)
Penalty Minutes: Nate Kiser (39)
Power Play Goals: Dubuc, Lacroix (3)
Power Play Assists: Pierre-Luc O'Brien (6)
Power Play Points: O'Brien, Morin (7)
Short Handed Goals: Lacroix (2)
Short Handed Assists: Morin (2)
Short Handed Points: Lacroix (3)
Game Winners: O'Brien(3)
Wins: Michael Neuvirth (5)
GAA: Neuvirth (1.56)
SPCT: Neuvirth (.942)
Plus/Minus: Sasha Pokulok, Morin (plus-11)
The Stingrays are 5th in the American Conference and 2nd in the South Division behind the Florida Everblades.
Tommy Maxwell is fourth in the league with a .286 shooting percentage.
Michal Neuvirth is second in the league with a 1.56 goals-against average while Bobby Goepfert is fourth in the league with a 2.12 goals-against average. Neuvirth's two shutouts and .942 save percentage ranks him second.
Maxime Lacroix is tied for League lead with three short-handed points. Among rookies, he is 11th in points (16), and 1st in short-handed goals and points.
Michael Dubuc is 9th among rookies in points (18), and tied for fourth in shots (58).
Johann Kroll is 11th among defenseman in points (11) and fourth in assists (10).
Brad Farynuk is tied for second among defenseman with 2 game-winning goals.
The Rays power play is 1st in the league at 23%. The team is 11th on the penalty kill with 83.2%.
Tuesday, December 2
ESPN Radio 910 the Team
The Stingrays face the Gwinnett Gladiators for the first time this season on home ice. Last year, the Rays won three of four at the North Charleston Coliseum. Stingrays game on Tuesday are the place to be in the Low Country for all hospitality, golf, and food and beverage employees and college students. Those with a valid pay stub or college ID can purchase $5 tickets at the door. Spread the word and let's fill the stands on Tuesday night!
Friday, December 6
ESPN Radio 910 the Team
The Rays travel to Charlotte to play the Checkers on Friday night. The Stingrays have won all four games against Charlotte this year.
Saturday, December 6
ESPN Radio 910 the Team
It's the annual Teddy Bear Toss for Debbie's Kids! Bring your new teddy bear to the game to throw on the ice after the Stingrays score their first goal. It's also FREE PARKING, so come early to the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2008
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Condors Top $3 million mark in cash, goods and services - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Head For Idaho; Home December 9 - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Teddy Bear Toss brings in 7,614 stuffed animals, most in Condors history - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- 8,929 Condors fans donate record 7,614 stuffed animals at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads To Retire Mylymok's #4 On Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Knock Off Alaska, Prepare for Reign, Falcons - Stockton Thunder
- Bombers Weekly News - Dayton Bombers
- Steelheads and Booster Club Host Marine Corps Toys for Tots Toss on Friday - Idaho Steelheads
- Dubuc Assigned to Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lynx Acquire Mark O'Leary - Augusta Lynx
- RoadRunners Acquire Burnett From Trenton - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Everblades Have Record-Setting Week - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Reign Weeklong Toy Drive For Steven's Hope Begins Monday - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Set For December - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Canned Food Drive a Success - Atlanta Gladiators
- Trenton Devils Weekly - Trenton Devils
- Florida Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Mourns Loss Of Official Frank - ECHL
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Continues Series with Las Vegas This Week at Home - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Win Four Straight - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Acquire Fuller from Augusta - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Suffer Late Game Loss in Dayton, 4-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.