Grizzlies Head For Idaho; Home December 9
Strong First Periods
Utah has outscored the opposition 6-0 in the last four first periods.
Grizzlies goaltender Mike Mole has started 15-straight games for Utah and has allowed just 12 goals over the last five games.
Evan Kotsopoulos returned to the Grizzlies lineup Friday after a nine-game absence and added an assist. Saturday, he led Utah with seven shots and scored a goal on a penalty shot. The second-year Utah forward has three goals and one assist in his last four games dating back to October 29.
Four-Straight With The Steelheads
Utah opens a stretch of four-straight games in seven nights against Idaho Wednesday, marking their longest stretch against an opponent during the regular season. Utah will play four-straight home games against Bakersfield in February but they have a road trip mixed in between games.
Last Time In Boise
Utah defeated the Steelheads 3-2 in a shootout opening night in Boise on October 18. The Grizzlies trailed 2-0 before rallying.
Utah has won three-straight games at Qwest Arena dating back to November 16, 2007.
The Grizzlies have been a bit shorthanded as of late and have been without the following players:
Ryan Kinasewich: The Grizzlies captain and leading scorer has missed eight-straight games and is listed as day-to-day on seven-day IR.
James Sanford: The Grizzlies leading scorer among defensemen remains on loan to the AHL's Chicago Wolves. Sanford has been absent from Utah for the last five games and has tallied an assist in seven games with the Wolves.
Dennis Packard: The forward has played two games on loan with Bridgeport after missing the weekend series with Victoria.
Nathan Lawson: The goaltender has been on recall to Bridgeport since October 28. He is currently 4-0 with a 1.16 goals-against-average and .952 save percentage with the Sound Tigers.
Jordan Hart: The defenseman missed all three games with Utah this past weekend and is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury.
Mark Lutz: The defenseman remains on 30-day IR and hasn't played since November 1.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2008
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Condors Top $3 million mark in cash, goods and services - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Head For Idaho; Home December 9 - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Teddy Bear Toss brings in 7,614 stuffed animals, most in Condors history - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- 8,929 Condors fans donate record 7,614 stuffed animals at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads To Retire Mylymok's #4 On Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Knock Off Alaska, Prepare for Reign, Falcons - Stockton Thunder
- Bombers Weekly News - Dayton Bombers
- Steelheads and Booster Club Host Marine Corps Toys for Tots Toss on Friday - Idaho Steelheads
- Dubuc Assigned to Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lynx Acquire Mark O'Leary - Augusta Lynx
- RoadRunners Acquire Burnett From Trenton - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Everblades Have Record-Setting Week - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Reign Weeklong Toy Drive For Steven's Hope Begins Monday - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Set For December - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Canned Food Drive a Success - Atlanta Gladiators
- Trenton Devils Weekly - Trenton Devils
- Florida Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Mourns Loss Of Official Frank - ECHL
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Continues Series with Las Vegas This Week at Home - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Win Four Straight - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Acquire Fuller from Augusta - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Suffer Late Game Loss in Dayton, 4-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.