RoadRunners Acquire Burnett From Trenton
PHOENIX, Ariz. - The Phoenix RoadRunners of the ECHL, a proud affiliate of the San Jose Sharks and the Worcester Sharks, announced today the acquisition of defenseman Gord Burnett from the Trenton Devils to complete the previous trade of goalie Gerald Coleman.
Burnett, 27, has amassed 50 penalty minutes in 10 games this season between the Devils and the Elmira Jackals. The Regina, Sasktachewan native and third-year professional split time in 2007-08 between the Youngstown Steelhounds and the Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League where he collected one goal, 14 points, and 222 penalty minutes. Burnett began his professional career in 2006-07 as a rookie with the Utah Grizzlies and led the Grizzlies with a plus-five rating and finished third on the team with 199 penalty minutes in 50 games.
Burnett was a two-time Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA) All-Conference Honorable Mention during a four-year collegiate career at St. Scholastica College in Duluth, Minn, and was named as the Saints' best defensive player in 2003-04 and 2004-05. Burnett has totaled one goal, 22 assists, 23 points, and 474 penalty minutes in 119 career games.
The RoadRunners traded Coleman to Trenton on Nov. 23 in exchange for future considerations.
Phoenix returns to US Airways Center Wednesday to continue a three-game home-stand when they welcome the Las Vegas Wranglers at 7:05 p.m.
Great seats are still available beginning as low as $8 and can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (480) 784-4444, purchasing online ticketmaster.com or visiting the US Airways Center Box Office. Information on season tickets, half-season packages, and flex plans for the 2008-09 season of Phoenix RoadRunners Hockey are available by calling (602) 462-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 1, 2008
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Condors Top $3 million mark in cash, goods and services - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Head For Idaho; Home December 9 - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Teddy Bear Toss brings in 7,614 stuffed animals, most in Condors history - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- 8,929 Condors fans donate record 7,614 stuffed animals at Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads To Retire Mylymok's #4 On Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Knock Off Alaska, Prepare for Reign, Falcons - Stockton Thunder
- Bombers Weekly News - Dayton Bombers
- Steelheads and Booster Club Host Marine Corps Toys for Tots Toss on Friday - Idaho Steelheads
- Dubuc Assigned to Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lynx Acquire Mark O'Leary - Augusta Lynx
- RoadRunners Acquire Burnett From Trenton - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Everblades Have Record-Setting Week - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Reign Weeklong Toy Drive For Steven's Hope Begins Monday - Ontario Reign
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Set For December - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Canned Food Drive a Success - Atlanta Gladiators
- Trenton Devils Weekly - Trenton Devils
- Florida Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Mourns Loss Of Official Frank - ECHL
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Phoenix Continues Series with Las Vegas This Week at Home - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Win Four Straight - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Acquire Fuller from Augusta - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Suffer Late Game Loss in Dayton, 4-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.