Checkers hand Lynx 6-2 loss
AUGUSTA, GA - Ryan Hillier scored twice and Jeff Jakaitis made 31 saves as the Charlotte Checkers defeated the Lynx 6-2 at James Brown Arena on Saturday night. BJ Crum and Brian Ihnacak scored for the Lynx who are now winless in eight straight games.
Crum gave the Lynx a first period lead when he wrested a shot from the left point, beating Jakaitis and it was 1-0 Augusta. That would be the Lynx only lead of the night as the Checkers scored five unanswered goals en route to the victory. Hillier scored the first of his two on the night with 1:16 left in the first period on the power play to tie the game at one after 20 minutes of play.
The Checkers went on a four goal second period outburst as Tomas Zaborsky, Hillier, Jeff Miles and Lee Falardeau lit the lamp to give the Checkers a 5-1 lead after two. Ihnacak cut the Charlotte lead to three goals when he found the loose puck at the bottom of the left wing circle and banged it home but Mike Bayrack would add the sixth goal for Charlotte five minutes later. Michael Mullen picked up two assists for the Lynx.
The Checkers scored four power play goals, going 4 for 8 while the Lynx went 0 for 3. Augusta out shot Charlotte 33-32 in the game.
The next home game for the Lynx is on Tuesday, December 16 at 7:00 p.m. vs. the South Carolina Stingrays. It is the first of several four for $44 packs. The great deal includes four lower-level tickets and four personal pizzas from Papa John's for one low price. Season tickets, group tickets, and birthday packages are all available by calling the Lynx at 706-724-4423 or by logging onto www.augustalynx.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2008
- Thunder fall victim to four-goal rally - Stockton Thunder
- Falcons beat Stockton 4-2 - Fresno Falcons
- Idaho sweeps weekend trip to California - Idaho Steelheads
- Bombers Come Back to Beat Reading 3-2 - Dayton Bombers
- Victoria Defeats Grizzlies 2-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Chiefs halted by Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Wheeling blasts Elmira 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Corral RoadRunners 6-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Victoria sweeps three-game set with a 2-1 victory. - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Wranglers Lasso RoadRunners 6-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Take Series Finale Behind 53 Shot Barrage - South Carolina Stingrays
- Munce stops 51 but Sea Wolves fall 2-1 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Checkers hand Lynx 6-2 loss - Augusta Lynx
- Devils Win Exciting Match Over Everblades, 7-6 - Trenton Devils
- Weber Wins 100th, Cyclones Beat Johnstown, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades' streak ends in wild 7-6 loss at Trenton - Florida Everblades
- Checkers dismantle Lynx - Charlotte Checkers
- Royals Sign Phil Gianfrancesco - Reading Royals
- Condors sign All-American F Eric Ehn - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Idaho Steelheads - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Fresno Falcons - Stockton Thunder
- Falcons Goaltender Gets Call Up - Fresno Falcons
- Kinley Earns AHL Call-up to Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Blades gain a player, lose a player - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Thunder Shakes Up Aces, 4-3 - Alaska Aces
- Chiefs Drop Devils in Shootout, 3-2 - Trenton Devils
- Reign Overtake Condors 2-1, in Shootout Win - Ontario Reign
- Falcons Lose Close One to Steelheads - Fresno Falcons
- Huddy's two-goal game halt's Lamoureux's hot goaltending streak - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.