Lightning Reassign Alexei Lipanov to Solar Bears
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced the Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned rookie forward Alexei Lipanov to the club from the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League. Additionally, rookie goaltender Corbin Boes has signed a Professional Try-Out Agreement with the Syracuse Crunch, while veteran defenseman Akim Aliu has been returned to the Solar Bears after being released from his PTO with the Tucson Roadrunners.
Lipanov, 19, joins Orlando after completing his major junior season with the Rangers, where he posted 30 points (11g-19a) and 16 penalty minutes in 61 games. The forward contributed one assist in four playoff games for Kitchener.
In 116 career OHL games with the Rangers, Sudbury Wolves and Barrie Colts, Lipanov accumulated 69 points (25g-44a) and 36 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-1, 174-pound Lipanov made his pro debut last season with the Syracuse Crunch, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Lightning. Lipanov dished out three assists and added four penalty minutes in 10 games with Syracuse after the conclusion of his major junior season with Sudbury. He then added one assist in two Calder Cup playoff games for the Crunch.
The native of Moscow, Russia has also represented his country for the past two seasons at the IIHF World Junior Championships, where he produced two assists and four penalty minutes in five combined games.
Lipanov was a third-round selection (#76 overall) of the Lightning in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Boes, 25, joins the Crunch after appearing in 24 games with the Solar Bears this season, where he has gone 9-9-3 with one shutout, a 3.61 goals-against average and a save percentage of .893.
Aliu, 29, did not appear in any games while with Tucson. The blueliner has skated in 11 contests with Orlando, where he has posted nine points (4g-5a) and 10 penalty minutes.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears return home to the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center to host the Jacksonville Icemen tomorrow, April 2 at 7 p.m. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now:
Upgrade to Solar Status and become a Season Ticket Member today. Season ticket memberships for the 2019-20 season are now on sale and start as little as $270.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The 2018-19 Orlando Solar Bears season is presented by XYMOPrint, Orlando's digital printing experts. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale! Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 1, 2019
- Mariners Weekly: Win Or Don't Get In - Maine Mariners
- Grizzlies Announce 2019 Playoff Dates - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Weekly: Regular Season Closes with Pair of Rivalry Tilts - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, April 1st - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - April 1 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - April 1, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Jeremy Helvig Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Helvig Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Stingrays Weekly Report - April 1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Penguins Recall Cedric Lacroix - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Secure Home Ice - Toledo Walleye
- Culkin Reassigned to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Indy's Thompson Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 25 (March 25-31, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Eye Playoff Berth; Final Week Features Four Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Idaho Steelheads
- Grubauer Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Grubauer Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals enter final week of season on five-game point streak - Reading Royals
- Lightning Reassign Alexei Lipanov to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Monday: KC Looks to Build on Momentum Towards Postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - April 1 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Announce Three Returning Players
- Solar Bears Extend Qualifying Offers for 2019-20 Season
- Clint Windsor Back for 2019-20 Season with Solar Bears
- Solar Bears Head Athletic Trainer Josh Chapman Moves up to AHL
- Solar Bears Sales Executive Zach Cunningham Named ECHL Sales Professional of the Year