Penguins Recall Cedric Lacroix
WHEELING, WV- The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced a transaction, which takes effect immediately. Forward Cedric Lacroix has been recalled to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Lacroix, 24, has enjoyed a tremendous rookie year with the Nailers, as he earns his first recall to the American Hockey League. Cedric is tied for Wheeling's team lead with 21 goals, and is tied for fourth on the club with 40 points, while appearing in 68 of 69 games. After making his professional debut on October 13th, the Shefford, Quebec native recorded his first professional point with an assist on October 28th, then netted a shorthanded goal for his first career tally on November 9th. Lacroix's five shorthanded goals are tied for the second most in the ECHL, while his 209 penalty minutes are most among rookies. A shorthanded marker, an assist, and a fight helped Cedric record one of two Gordie Howe Hat Tricks by the Nailers this season in an 8-2 victory at Toledo on January 5th.
The Nailers will play their final two home games of the regular season on Friday and Saturday, both starting at 7:05. Friday's tilt against the Toledo Walleye is a Frosty Friday. Saturday's match against the Indy Fuel is Fan Appreciation Night. All tickets for Fan Appreciation Night are $10, one lucky fan will shoot for a chance to win a trip to Myrtle Beach, plus there will be various different prizes given out during the game. The Wheeling Nailers, considered one of the top things to do in Wheeling, West Virginia, provide affordable family entertainment for fans throughout the Ohio Valley. For information on season tickets, group tickets, flex plans, and more, call (304) 234-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 1, 2019
- Mariners Weekly: Win Or Don't Get In - Maine Mariners
- Grizzlies Announce 2019 Playoff Dates - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Weekly: Regular Season Closes with Pair of Rivalry Tilts - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, April 1st - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - April 1 - ECHL
- Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - April 1, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Jeremy Helvig Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Helvig Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Stingrays Weekly Report - April 1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Penguins Recall Cedric Lacroix - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Secure Home Ice - Toledo Walleye
- Culkin Reassigned to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Indy's Thompson Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 25 (March 25-31, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Eye Playoff Berth; Final Week Features Four Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Idaho Steelheads
- Grubauer Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Grubauer Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month - Reading Royals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals enter final week of season on five-game point streak - Reading Royals
- Lightning Reassign Alexei Lipanov to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Monday: KC Looks to Build on Momentum Towards Postseason - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - April 1 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.