LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party
CARSON, Calif. (Monday, June 30, 2014) - The LA Galaxy announced today that the club will host a live World Cup viewing party at Veteran's Park in Redondo Beach for the U.S. National Team's match against Belgium on Tuesday, July 1. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. PT. The event is free and open to the public and fans are encouraged to arrive at 11:00 a.m. PT.
On Thursday, The U.S. Men's National Team fell 1-0 to Germany to conclude Group G play at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, advancing to the Round of 16 for the second consecutive World Cup after finishing second in the group with a record of 1-1-1. The U.S. beat Ghana, 2-1, then earned a 2-2 draw with Portugal before falling to Germany, 1-0, in the final Group Stage match. By finishing second in the group, the U.S. will take on Group H winner Belgium on Tuesday at Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador.
Parking is available at the Pier parking structure north of Torrance Circle, the George Freeth Parking lot immediately west of the park, the Pier Plaza parking structure at the south end of Harbor Drive and the west end of Pacific Ave. and the Redondo Beach Marina lot on the west side of Harbor Drive, south of Portofino Way.
LA Galaxy defender Omar Gonzalez made his first career start at the World Cup as he helped the United States largely shut down European power Germany in a 1-0 defeat that helped the Americans advance to the Round of 16. Making his World Cup debut against Portugal, LA Galaxy center back Gonzalez came in the waning moments of the game last Sunday.
On Thursday, June 26, thousands of fans adorned in U.S. Men's National Team and LA Galaxy kits lined the beach along the Hermosa Beach Pier to catch the action in the United States' 1-0 defeat against Germany in their third game of the 2014 FIFA World Cup group phase. Check out all the photos from the event by clicking here.
Media members interested in covering the World Cup viewing party at Redondo Beach should email Brendan Hannan at email@example.com or Vicky Mercado at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance. Once contacted, LA Galaxy Communications will instruct media members to reserved media parking.
For more details on the club's Official World Cup Viewing Locations, please visit www.lagalaxy.com/worldcup.
REDONDO BEACH VIEWING PARTY:
Viewing Location (City & Venue)
World Cup Match
July 1 1:00 p.m. Veteran's Park, Redondo Beach, CA (309 Esplanade, Redondo Beach, CA 90277) USA vs. Belgium
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Launch TOGETHER AT HOME Campaign
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Watch Party Schedule, Presented by Modelo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1 - Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Grass Berm at Dignity Health Sports Park Returns for Saturday's LA Galaxy Home Opener