Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party
COLUMBUS - The Columbus Crew is teaming-up with Columbus Commons (160 South High Street, Columbus) for a downtown viewing party tomorrow as the United States Men's National Team faces Belgium in a 2014 FIFA World Cup Round of 16 match.
The Columbus Bicentennial Pavilion LED screens and concert-quality audio are scheduled to pump out pre-match coverage beginning at 3:00 p.m. ET with the match beginning at 4:00 p.m. ET from Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador, Brazil.
The special soccer event is set to take place downtown as the Crew joins forces with Columbus Commons. As part of this collaboration for a singular hub for Central Ohio's fans of the beautiful game, the previously announced viewing party for this match at Crew Stadium will no longer take place.
Beer and food sales will begin at 3:00 p.m. ET. Local food trucks Blu Olive, Hungry Monkey, Junior's Tacos, and Pitabilities will be on site. Fans can also visit the permanent Columbus Commons cafe's Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams and Mikey's Late Night Slice.
The Crew tent is set to have U.S. Soccer and Crew merchandise available for sale and free giveaways, including Club & Country scarves and a Michael Parkhurst-signed U.S. jersey.
For continued 2014 FIFA World Cup coverage, be sure to check out the Black & Gold's numerous digital and social content offerings via the Black & Gold on Brazil content hub at TheCrew.com/Brazil.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Luis Diaz and Eloy Room Receive International Call-Ups
- Columbus Crew SC Names Clive Brewer Director of High Performance
- Columbus Crew SC's Wil Trapp and Gyasi Zardes Receive International Call-Ups
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Defender Harrison Afful to Contract Extension
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Roster Updates Ahead of 2020 Season