Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile
CHICAGO (June 30, 2014) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced Monday that the club has waived forward Giuseppe Gentile.
Gentile relinquished his college eligibility after the MLS SuperDraft, and then signed a contract with MLS making him available to all teams. He was acquired by the Fire on Jan. 24 through the MLS Waiver Draft.
Gentile has not appeared in a first team match. The Charlotte, N.C. native was loaned to USL PRO side Charlotte Eagles on April 8.
Name: Giuseppe Gentile
Weight: 165 lbs.
Date of Birth: October 18, 1992
Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.
Citizenship: USA and Switzerland
Departed: Waived on June 30, 2014
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.