Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile
CHICAGO (June 30, 2014) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced Monday that the club has waived forward Giuseppe Gentile.
Gentile relinquished his college eligibility after the MLS SuperDraft, and then signed a contract with MLS making him available to all teams. He was acquired by the Fire on Jan. 24 through the MLS Waiver Draft.
Gentile has not appeared in a first team match. The Charlotte, N.C. native was loaned to USL PRO side Charlotte Eagles on April 8.
Name: Giuseppe Gentile
Weight: 165 lbs.
Date of Birth: October 18, 1992
Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.
Citizenship: USA and Switzerland
Departed: Waived on June 30, 2014
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 17, 2019
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Added to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 2-1 to Saint Louis FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 10, 2019
- U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match