Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week
MONTREAL - Montreal Impact striker Jack McInerney was named MLS Player of the Week for Week 16.
McInerney scored a brace for the Impact in his team's 3-0 win over the Houston Dynamo on Sunday night, at Stade Saputo.
McInerney scored his first goal in the 42nd minute when he got his head on the end of an Eric Miller cross. The then found his second of the game and sixth goal in 10 regular season matches since joining the Impact in the 75th minute when he spun and half-volleyed the ball into the far right corner. It was also the 30th goal of his career, becoming just the 85th player to reach the milestone in the league. Jack Mac's golazo is also up for weekly honours.
Since joining the Impact last April, McInerney has scored nine goals in 14 games, across all competitions, including three in the Amway Canadian Championship, helping the club win its second title in a row.
The Impact will now travel to California Thursday to take on Chivas USA next Saturday, at the Stub Hub Center, at 10:30pm EDT.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Impact Opens Training Camp on January 14 in Montreal
- Impact Adds Mistral de Sherbrooke to Its Scouting and Development Centre
- Homegrown Striker Anthony Jackson-Hamel Signs New Impact Contract
- Goalkeeper Clement Diop Signs New Contract with the Impact
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium