Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - The Colorado Rapids and Commerce City will hold the 19th annual 4thFest next Friday, July 4 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, presented by Westerra Credit Union. With family activities, live music from the Hazel Miller Band, and the largest fireworks display in the state of Colorado, the free event starts at 5 p.m. and runs through the fireworks display at approximately 10 p.m.
The centerpiece of 4thFest is the Rapids match against the Columbus Crew, presented by HealthONE, with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m. The Rapids hold an all-time record of 13-3-2 (W-L-T) in their Independence Day games. Tickets to the match are going fast, but can still be purchased by clicking here.
"This is one of the most special days of the year on our schedule, and we're thrilled to work with Commerce City to host so many people for this great community-wide event," said Rapids President Tim Hinchey. "Westerra Credit Union and HealthONE have continued to help us make the Rapids 4thFest such a wonderful night for families and all our fans, and we're looking forward to another special celebration here at Dick's Sporting Goods Park."
4thFest will open at 5 p.m. at the south end of Dick's Sporting Goods Park and is free for all attendees. Activities for families include a face painter, ropes course, inflatables, a trampoline, and plenty of games, with a DJ on-site providing music. The Rapids supporters group Centennial 38 will also be hosting their usual pregame tailgate, and the Eighteen76 bar will be open to of-age attendees.
At approximately 7 p.m., the Hazel Miller Band will take the stage for a live performance running throughout the Rapids match. A Denver institution, the Hazel Miller Band has been one of the most beloved bands in Colorado for more than 20 years, with Hazel Miller herself having been named by the City of Denver as one of 150 people who make Denver a better place to live. The performance will last until about 9:50 p.m., with the end of the set being shown live on the big screen inside the stadium following the Rapids match.
The 4thFest event culminates once again in the largest fireworks display in the entire state, featuring the work of Zambelli Fireworks. Starting at about 10 p.m., fans attending the Rapids match will be allowed onto the field for the best view of the display, which is set to music and visible throughout the Denver metro area.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Minnesota United FC Oust Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: November 22, 2020
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020
- Rapids Forward Diego Rubio Available for Selection After Chile Call-Up