LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland
CARSON, Calif. (Monday, June 30, 2014) - The LA Galaxy (5-3-5, 20 points) kick off a three-game home stand when they host the Portland Timbers in a 4th of July match at StubHub Center on Friday at 8:00 p.m. PT live on NBC Sports Network. Following the match the Galaxy will host a fireworks show at StubHub Center for all in attendance.
Friday's match is the second meeting of the season between the two Western Conference foes. The Galaxy and Timbers played to a 1-1 draw in the first meeting of the season at Providence Park May 11. All-time, the Galaxy are 4-3-2 against the Pacific Northwest side. The Galaxy have dominated the Timbers at home, going 3-0-1 in matches played at StubHub Center outscoring the Timbers seven goals to one in four meetings.
On Tuesday, July 1 the Galaxy will support defender Omar Gonzalez and the U.S. National Team as they take on Belgium in the knockout round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The Galaxy will host a viewing party at Veteran's Park in Redondo Beach as the U.S. looks to advance into the quarterfinals of the World Cup for the first time since 2002.
Season tickets for the 2014 MLS season are still available, starting at $12.50 per game. Becoming a Galaxy Season Ticket Member gives fans the opportunity to see every Galaxy home game as well as a number of additional benefits such as access to the new LA Galaxy Locker Room Rewards program, extra savings on additional single and group tickets, early entrance into the stadium and much more. For more information about becoming a Galaxy Season Ticket Member, please call 877-3GALAXY (342-5299) or visit www.lagalaxy.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Expand TOGETHER AT HOME Community Initiative
- LA Galaxy Join 'Teams for LA' to Benefit the Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles
- LA Galaxy Unveil Support Local Campaign in Conjunction with TOGETHER AT HOME
- LA Galaxy Forward Chicharito Headlines eMLS Tournament Special
- LA Galaxy Launch TOGETHER AT HOME Campaign