Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party
SANDY, Utah (Monday, June 30, 2014) - Real Salt Lake has announced that it has partnered with Broadway Media Group and the Salt Lake City Mayor's Office to host an outdoor watch party on tomorrow at the Gallivan Center for the U.S.'s Round of 16 World Cup match against Belgium.
The U.S.-Belgium match will kick at 2:00 p.m. MT on Tuesday. The match will be shown live at the Gallivan Center Plaza, located at 50 E 200 S in downtown Salt Lake City. Broadway Media Group radio stations ESPN700, X96, U92, MIX 107.9, Rewind 100.7 FM and 101.5 The Eagle will broadcast live from the all-ages event, which will also feature some of Salt Lake's most popular food trucks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage sales, mini-soccer games and Real Salt Lake merchandise booths.
The Gallivan Center Plaza will open for the watch party at 1:00 p.m. MT on Tuesday. Parking in the area is extremely limited and fans are encouraged to take public transportation to the event. UTA schedules, rail maps, bus routes and more information on how to get to Tuesday's event can be found here.
The U.S. booked its passage to the World Cup's Round of 16 last Thursday, losing 1-0 to Germany in its group stage finale but getting help from Portugal in its 2-1 win over Ghana to finish second in Group G with a 1-1-1 record. Real Salt Lake Captain Kyle Beckerman has played a leading role for the U.S. at the tournament, earning widespread praise for his steady 90-minute performances in all three of the U.S.'s games in the Group of Death. RSL GK Nick Rimando is also on the U.S. roster in Brazil, though he hasn't yet played and isn't expected to feature at the tournament.
Belgium advanced to the Knockout Stage by winning Group H. The Red Devils posted a 3-0-0 record in the group stage, scoring late goals in all three matches to beat Algeria, Russia and South Korea.
Real Salt Lake will return to action on Friday, when it hosts Eastern Conference foe New England Revolution at 8:00 p.m. MT at Rio Tinto Stadium in a match that will be followed by an Independence Day fireworks show.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - LA Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire FC
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Club de Foot Montreal
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire FC
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - LA Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Falls 6-1 at Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Visits Portland for Crucial Western Conference Clash
- Real Salt Lake to Host Hispanic Heritage Night on September 29
- Real Salt Lake Drops Seattle Sounders FC 1-0
- Real Salt Lake Closes Three-Game Week Saturday against Seattle Sounders FC