Kane County Cougars Announce Schedule for 2020 Season
GENEVA, Ill. - The Kane County Cougars organization has announced the game schedule for the 2020 season. Opening Night, which will mark the 30th anniversary of Cougars baseball in Kane County, will take place on Thursday, April 9 against the Cedar Rapids Kernels. The Cougars will face the Kernels for a brief three-game homestand before welcoming the Quad Cities River Bandits to town for a three-game set beginning Monday, April 13.
The first 1,500 fans attending the games on Saturday, August 31 and Monday, September 2 for this upcoming Labor Day weekend will receive a 2020 magnetic schedule, courtesy of Wintrust. To view and download the entire 2020 schedule, visit www.kccougars.com.
Kane County will play host to a handful of Eastern Division opponents including the Lake County Captains (May 4-6), Fort Wayne TinCaps (May 7-9), South Bend Cubs (July 15-17) and the West Michigan Whitecaps (July 18-20).
Planning for the 30th-anniversary celebration is currently underway. A special 30th-anniversary logo reveal is in the works as excitement builds for a year-long celebration full of special events including theme nights and promotions.
The Cougars begin their final regular-season homestand on Saturday, August 31 against the Burlington Bees. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 PM. Highlights throughout the weekend include a pre-game concert from Mr. Myers Band, Star Wars Night featuring costumed characters from the Midwest Garrison 501st League, in-game entertainment from the ZOOperstars! and the final two fireworks shows of the season.
To purchase tickets for any of the remaining home games during the 2019 season, call the box office at 630-232-8811 or visit kccougars.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 30, 2019
- 10th-Inning Loss Ends Nuts' Playoff Hopes - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Walk-Off Again on Steer's Single - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Spoils Lingos' Gem - Lake County Captains
- Bats Slumber Early Again, Wake up too Late - Burlington Bees
- Dominant Road Trip Closes with Tight Win - Kane County Cougars
- River Bandits Walked-Off Once More in Cedar Rapids - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walters Tosses 7 No-Hit Innings, Clinton Takes 6th Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Fall Friday in Home Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Bats Erupt To Break 5-Game Skid - Beloit Snappers
- Marcano Smacks Four Hits in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Sinkholes Close Home Slate with 1-0 Win in Front of 6,219 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Outman Continues to Impress - Great Lakes Loons
- Wynne Strikes out 12 in Dragons 4-3 Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Seth Gray joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Cougars Announce Schedule for 2020 Season - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Saturday and Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 31 - September 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 30 vs. South Bend (Game 135) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kane County Cougars Clinch Spot in the Postseason - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kane County Cougars Stories
- Cougars Reveal Promotional Lineup for 2020 Season
- Cougars Announce Seasonal Job Fair Scheduled for February 8 and 23
- Cougars Announce Capital Improvements Ahead of 30th Anniversary Season
- Cougars Reveal Economic Impact Statement
- Harrison Returns to Manage Cougars for 2020 Season