Dragons Notes for Friday
Friday, August 30, 2019 l Game # 67 (137)
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (28-38, 56-80) at Great Lakes Loons (37-29, 80-53)
RH Randy Wynne (0-0, 8.31) vs. RH Ryan Pepiot (0-0, 2.08)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the last game of a three-game series.
Last Game: Thursday: Great Lakes 5, Dayton 3. After a long rain delay at the start (1:42), the Loons broke a 1-1 tie with two runs in the bottom of the fifth inning and two more in the sixth to jump ahead 5-1. The Dragons rallied in the ninth inning, scoring two runs and getting the tying run to the plate with one out before falling short. Miguel Hernandez had a solo home run for Dayton. Mariel Bautista had two hits including a double.
Michael Siani leads the Midwest League in stolen bases with 42. Two players in Dragons history have led the league in steals. They are Billy Hamilton (2011) and Jose Siri (2017).
Siani over his last 12 games is 16 for 48 (.333) with a home run.
Miguel Hernandez over his last 13 games is 17 for 43 (.395) with 1 HR, six doubles and a triple. He is batting .329 in August (25 G).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 15 games is batting .340 with one home run. He is batting .333 in August (17 G).
Juan Martinez had an 11-game hitting streak snapped on Tuesday. Over his last 13 games, he is 15 for 51 (.294) with two home runs. The hitting streak matched the longest of the season by a Dayton player by Randy Ventura.
Cameron Warren is batting .310 over his last 10 games, going 12 for 38.
Matt Lloyd is batting .333 over his last eight games, going 9 for 27. He hit two home runs in the series at Lake County.
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 1.48 in six games (five starts) (30.1 IP, 5 ER). His ERA ranks second in the MWL and first in the Reds organization for the month among qualified pitchers.
Connor Curlis in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.05 in five games (four starts) (26.1 IP, 6 ER).
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.08 in eight games (three starts) (26 IP, 6 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 30 games: 1.40 ERA, 51.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 57 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last seven games: 1.54 ERA, 11.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, August 31 (7:09 p.m.): West Michigan RH Sandel De La Cruz (3-4, 3.81) at Dayton RH Jordan Johnson (0-1, 54.00)
Sunday, Sept. 1 (2:09 p.m.): West Michigan RH Robbie Welhaf (4-7, 2.88) at Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (6-3, 4.00)
Monday, Sept. 2 (2:00 p.m.): West Michigan LH Robert Klinchock (0-1, 4.50) at Dayton RH Clate Schmidt (2-1, 2.41)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 30, 2019
- 10th-Inning Loss Ends Nuts' Playoff Hopes - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Walk-Off Again on Steer's Single - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Spoils Lingos' Gem - Lake County Captains
- Bats Slumber Early Again, Wake up too Late - Burlington Bees
- Dominant Road Trip Closes with Tight Win - Kane County Cougars
- River Bandits Walked-Off Once More in Cedar Rapids - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walters Tosses 7 No-Hit Innings, Clinton Takes 6th Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Fall Friday in Home Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Bats Erupt To Break 5-Game Skid - Beloit Snappers
- Marcano Smacks Four Hits in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Sinkholes Close Home Slate with 1-0 Win in Front of 6,219 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Outman Continues to Impress - Great Lakes Loons
- Wynne Strikes out 12 in Dragons 4-3 Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Seth Gray joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Cougars Announce Schedule for 2020 Season - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Saturday and Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 31 - September 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 30 vs. South Bend (Game 135) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kane County Cougars Clinch Spot in the Postseason - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen