Chiefs Fall Friday in Home Finale
Peoria, IL - With 6,270 in attendance, the Peoria Chiefs fell to the Beloit Snappers 9-2 in their 2019 home finale. Jonatan Machado went two-for-four with a double and two runs scored to earn the Pekin Insurance Beyond the Expected Player of the Game.
The Chiefs entered the bottom of the first trailing, but tied the game against Beloit starter Rafael Kelly. Machado led off with an infield single and advanced to third on a throwing error charged to Kelly. With one out, Machado scored the tying run on a sac fly by Brady Whalen.
Peoria added one run in the bottom of the eighth against Beloit reliever Chase Cohen. Machado led off with a double and scored on a two-out infield single by Imeldo Diaz to cut the deficit to 8-2.
Colin Schmid (6-7) took the loss pitching five innings allowing three runs, two earned on six hits with two walks and four strikeouts. Connor Thomas pitched two shutout innings allowing just two hits and striking out one. Sebastian Tabata pitched one inning, allowing five runs on four hits with three walks and one strikeout. Freddy Pacheco pitched the final inning allowing one run on one hit with two walks and one strikeout.
The Chiefs hit the road for a three-game series with the Clinton LumberKings Saturday at 6:30 p.m. The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 6:15 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets.
Promotions, game times and more information on the 2020 season will be announced this fall and winter. New season tickets are on sale by calling 309-680-4000 while current season ticket holders can renew their ticket plans with their account representative. Group tickets will also go on sale this fall while individual game sales will go on sale as the season approaches.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 30, 2019
- 10th-Inning Loss Ends Nuts' Playoff Hopes - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Walk-Off Again on Steer's Single - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Spoils Lingos' Gem - Lake County Captains
- Bats Slumber Early Again, Wake up too Late - Burlington Bees
- Dominant Road Trip Closes with Tight Win - Kane County Cougars
- River Bandits Walked-Off Once More in Cedar Rapids - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walters Tosses 7 No-Hit Innings, Clinton Takes 6th Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Fall Friday in Home Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Bats Erupt To Break 5-Game Skid - Beloit Snappers
- Marcano Smacks Four Hits in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Sinkholes Close Home Slate with 1-0 Win in Front of 6,219 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Outman Continues to Impress - Great Lakes Loons
- Wynne Strikes out 12 in Dragons 4-3 Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Seth Gray joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Cougars Announce Schedule for 2020 Season - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Saturday and Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 31 - September 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 30 vs. South Bend (Game 135) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kane County Cougars Clinch Spot in the Postseason - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 16
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff