Kane County Cougars Clinch Spot in the Postseason
GENEVA, Ill. - The Kane County Cougars, minor league affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks, have clinched a spot in the 2019 Midwest League Playoffs following an 8-4 victory over the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers on Thursday night. This is the third post-season bid for the Cougars in the last five seasons that they have been teamed up with the Diamondbacks.
Due to a close race between the Cougars and the Clinton LumberKings for the second-half champion, a playoff schedule has yet to be determined. Playoff tickets and parking passes will go on sale once the final standings have been decided.
All tickets, box and reserved, will be sold for $10 with StrikeZone tables behind home plate available for $79. In addition, parking for both the preferred and general lots will be $10.
A potential first-round playoff schedule is below:
Wednesday, September 4 at 6:30 PM (if wildcard)
Thursday, September 5 at 6:30 PM (if division champion)
Friday, September 6 at 6:30 PM (if division champion and series goes three games)
Playoff tickets will be available online at www.kccougars.com and over the phone by calling the box office at 630-232-8811.
The Cougars look to bring home their first Midwest League Championship since 2014 and their third league championship in franchise history.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 30, 2019
- 10th-Inning Loss Ends Nuts' Playoff Hopes - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Walk-Off Again on Steer's Single - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Spoils Lingos' Gem - Lake County Captains
- Bats Slumber Early Again, Wake up too Late - Burlington Bees
- Dominant Road Trip Closes with Tight Win - Kane County Cougars
- River Bandits Walked-Off Once More in Cedar Rapids - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walters Tosses 7 No-Hit Innings, Clinton Takes 6th Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Fall Friday in Home Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Bats Erupt To Break 5-Game Skid - Beloit Snappers
- Marcano Smacks Four Hits in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Sinkholes Close Home Slate with 1-0 Win in Front of 6,219 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Outman Continues to Impress - Great Lakes Loons
- Wynne Strikes out 12 in Dragons 4-3 Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Seth Gray joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Cougars Announce Schedule for 2020 Season - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Saturday and Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 31 - September 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 30 vs. South Bend (Game 135) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kane County Cougars Clinch Spot in the Postseason - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kane County Cougars Stories
- Cougars Reveal Promotional Lineup for 2020 Season
- Cougars Announce Seasonal Job Fair Scheduled for February 8 and 23
- Cougars Announce Capital Improvements Ahead of 30th Anniversary Season
- Cougars Reveal Economic Impact Statement
- Harrison Returns to Manage Cougars for 2020 Season