Dominant Road Trip Closes with Tight Win
Appleton, Wisconsin - The Kane County Cougars (78-58, 43-24) concluded a 10-game road trip with a 2-1 win against the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (67-69, 36-31) on Friday night. The Cougars won seven of the 10 games on the road trip and find themselves in a first-place tie with Clinton with three games left.
The only necessary offensive output came in the first inning for the Cougars. With one out, Tra Holmes reached on an error. Zac Almond followed with a single to put runners at first and second for Zack Shannon. After a passed ball, Shannon drove a ball into left field for a base hit to score both runners and put the Cougars up 2-0.
Adrian Del Moral (4-3) rolled on the mound after some early run support. Del Moral recorded his second quality start as a Cougar with six shutout innings to earn the win. Wesley Rodriguez returned from the injured list to throw a scoreless seventh. Chester Pimentel (9) did allow a Yeison Coca RBI double in the eighth but hunkered down to toss the final two innings and earn the save.
Ethan Small (0-2) took the loss, allowing both first inning runs. His night was done after 4.1 innings with eight strikeouts and one walk.
The Cougars return home to close the regular season with the first game of a three-game series against the Burlington Bees on Saturday night, beginning at 6:30. Buy tickets by calling 630-282-8811 or online at kccougars.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 30, 2019
- 10th-Inning Loss Ends Nuts' Playoff Hopes - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Walk-Off Again on Steer's Single - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cardenas Spoils Lingos' Gem - Lake County Captains
- Bats Slumber Early Again, Wake up too Late - Burlington Bees
- Dominant Road Trip Closes with Tight Win - Kane County Cougars
- River Bandits Walked-Off Once More in Cedar Rapids - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Walters Tosses 7 No-Hit Innings, Clinton Takes 6th Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Fall Friday in Home Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Snappers Bats Erupt To Break 5-Game Skid - Beloit Snappers
- Marcano Smacks Four Hits in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Sinkholes Close Home Slate with 1-0 Win in Front of 6,219 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Outman Continues to Impress - Great Lakes Loons
- Wynne Strikes out 12 in Dragons 4-3 Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Seth Gray joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Cougars Announce Schedule for 2020 Season - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons on TV Saturday and Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 31 - September 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 30 vs. South Bend (Game 135) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kane County Cougars Clinch Spot in the Postseason - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kane County Cougars Stories
- Cougars Reveal Promotional Lineup for 2020 Season
- Cougars Announce Seasonal Job Fair Scheduled for February 8 and 23
- Cougars Announce Capital Improvements Ahead of 30th Anniversary Season
- Cougars Reveal Economic Impact Statement
- Harrison Returns to Manage Cougars for 2020 Season