Iowa Wild Announces Signings
DES MOINES, IOWA - Iowa Wild General Manager Tom Kurvers announced today the American Hockey League (AHL) club signed defenseman Josh Atkinson to a standard player contract and defenseman Matt Register to a professional try-out agreement.
Atkinson, 27 (10/6/92), signed his contract after his PTO to start the season with the Wild expired. This year, Atkinson has recorded six points (all assists) in 25 games in Iowa. The 6-foot, 194-pound native of Spruce Grove, AB, has logged six points (0g, 6a) in 28 career AHL games and 92 points (19g, 73a) in 157 ECHL contests with the Allen Americans and Atlanta Gladiators.
Register, 30 (9/2/89) signed his second consecutive PTO with the Wild, where he has appeared in 15 contests for Iowa in 2019-20. On Oct. 18 at Manitoba, Register scored his first AHL goal, his lone point of the season. Register has appeared in 26 AHL contests in his career, earning six points (1g, 5a).
The 6-foot-2, 225-pound native of Calgary, AB, has skated in 403 ECHL games, recording 319 points (86g, 233a), with an additional 124 playoff contests, logging 94 points (25g, 69a). Register has suited up for four consecutive Kelly Cup Finals, winning two championships with the Colorado Eagles in 2017 and 2018. He was named ECHL defenseman of the Year in 2013-14 and 2016-17, named an ECHL First-Team All-Star in 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018 and received the June M. Kelly Award for MVP of the 2016-17 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 10, 2019
- Admirals Post 56 Shots in 2-1 OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Fall to Rocket in Seven-Round Shootout, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for December 29 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Wild Announces Signings - Iowa Wild
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Vanecek Shines, Bears Complete Perfect Week - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Paul Relishing Full-Time NHL Opportunity - Belleville Senators
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Return Shawn McBride to Norfolk - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Matthew Phillips - Stockton Heat
- Kelly Klima Returns to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Takes to the Road for Games against North Division - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Detroit Assigns Madison Bowey to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Highlights Condors Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- San Diego Gulls to Participate in 25th Annual Shop with a Jock Tonight - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Start Six-Game Road Trip in California - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2020 Home Schedule to Feature North Division Rivalries - Belleville Senators
- Jets Assign Mason Appleton to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Appoint Neil Graham as Texas Stars Head Coach - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Game 24 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.