Detroit Assigns Madison Bowey to Griffins
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday assigned defenseman Madison Bowey (BOW-ee) to the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Bowey, 24, has appeared in 22 games for Detroit this season and ties for second among team defensemen in scoring with eight points (1-7-8) while adding 16 penalty minutes in 17:46 of average ice time.
A 2018 Stanley Cup champion with the Washington Capitals, Bowey was acquired by Detroit from Washington along with a second-round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft in exchange for Nick Jensen and a fifth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft on Feb. 22, 2019. Selected in the second round, 53rd overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft by the Capitals, the 6-foot-2, 202-pound blueliner has logged 123 career NHL games between Washington and Detroit since making his NHL debut on Oct. 14, 2017, totaling 30 points (3-27-30) and 86 PIM.
In his fifth professional season, Bowey has 113 regular season AHL games to his credit with the Hershey Bears from 2015-18, accounting for 51 points (9-42-51), a plus-27 rating and 92 PIM. In 31 Calder Cup Playoff games he shows 10 points (2-8-10) and helped lead Hershey to the 2016 Calder Cup Finals.
A native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Bowey has earned gold medals while suiting up for Canada at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship, 2013 IIHF World Under-18 Championship and 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament.
The Griffins (9-13-1-2) take on the San Diego Gulls on Wednesday at 10 p.m. EST to begin a season-high six-game road trip.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 10, 2019
- Admirals Post 56 Shots in 2-1 OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Fall to Rocket in Seven-Round Shootout, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for December 29 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Wild Announces Signings - Iowa Wild
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Vanecek Shines, Bears Complete Perfect Week - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Paul Relishing Full-Time NHL Opportunity - Belleville Senators
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Return Shawn McBride to Norfolk - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Matthew Phillips - Stockton Heat
- Kelly Klima Returns to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Takes to the Road for Games against North Division - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Detroit Assigns Madison Bowey to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Highlights Condors Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- San Diego Gulls to Participate in 25th Annual Shop with a Jock Tonight - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Start Six-Game Road Trip in California - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2020 Home Schedule to Feature North Division Rivalries - Belleville Senators
- Jets Assign Mason Appleton to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Appoint Neil Graham as Texas Stars Head Coach - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Game 24 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.