Admirals Post 56 Shots in 2-1 OT Loss
Rockford, IL - Goalie Kevin Lankinen stopped 55 shots to lead the Rockford IceHogs to a 2-1 overtime win over the Milwaukee Admirals Tuesday at BMO Harris Bank Center.
The Admirals put a season-high 25 shots win goal in the third period and outshot the IceHogs 56-14. It was the first time the Ads had recorded 50 or more shots in a game in over 14 years. The last time was November 23, 2005 in a 3-1 win at San Antonio.
Milwaukee finally scored to tie the game on the team's 50th shot of the night. A video review was needed to show the Lukas Craggs tipped the puck across the goal line at 12:46 of the third frame. It was Craggs' second goal of the season. Jeremy Davies and Laurent Dauphin recorded the assists.
The IceHogs earned the win when Anton Wedin shot the puck from the left circle into the net at 1:02 of the overtime session.
Milwaukee outshot Rockford 19-2 in the first period. The 19 shots were a new season-high, until the third period of the game, while the two shots allowed are the fewest the team has allowed in a period this season, and that number was matched in the third.
Milwaukee held a 31-11 advantage in shots on goal after two periods, but the IceHogs had the only goal. Brandon Hagel scored a power play goal when he backhanded a rebound into the net at 6:41 of the second period.
The Admirals return home to host the Chicago Wolves at UWM Panther Arena Fri., Dec. 13.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 10, 2019
- Admirals Post 56 Shots in 2-1 OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Fall to Rocket in Seven-Round Shootout, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Pucks and Paws Day Set for December 29 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Wild Announces Signings - Iowa Wild
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Vanecek Shines, Bears Complete Perfect Week - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Paul Relishing Full-Time NHL Opportunity - Belleville Senators
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Return Shawn McBride to Norfolk - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Matthew Phillips - Stockton Heat
- Kelly Klima Returns to Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Takes to the Road for Games against North Division - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Detroit Assigns Madison Bowey to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Highlights Condors Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- San Diego Gulls to Participate in 25th Annual Shop with a Jock Tonight - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Start Six-Game Road Trip in California - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2020 Home Schedule to Feature North Division Rivalries - Belleville Senators
- Jets Assign Mason Appleton to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Appoint Neil Graham as Texas Stars Head Coach - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Game 24 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.