Halverson Reassigned to Mariners
PORTLAND, ME - Goaltender Brandon Halverson has been reassigned to the Mariners from the Hartford Wolf Pack, the teams announced on Monday morning. Halverson was recalled to the AHL last Monday and started one game for the Wolf Pack, a 5-3 loss to Providence on Friday.
Hartford jumped out to a 2-0 lead in Providence during Halverson's start, but collapsed in the second period, giving up four. Halverson stopped 29 of 34 shots in the loss. It was Halverson's first AHL start since last February. He played five games for the Wolf Pack in 2017-18, and 26 the season prior.
Halverson is having a fantastic season in Maine, ranking in the ECHL's top five in wins, save percentage, and saves. He currently holds a 2.74 goals-against average and a .923 SV%, on pace for career highs in both categories. Halverson has been a workhorse, appearing in 23 of the team's 33 games - 22 starts.
Halverson was a second round draft pick of the Rangers in 2014 (59th overall) and signed an entry-level deal with New York in July of 2015. He made his NHL debut last February, in a relief appearance against the Ottawa Senators.
The Mariners begin a stretch of 9 of the next 12 on home ice, starting Wednesday against the Newfoundland Growlers at 7:00 PM. They are also home on Friday against the Manchester Monarchs at 7:15 for another 1-2-3 Friday: $1 hot dogs, $2 popcorn, and $3 Bud Light Drafts through the start of the second period. It's also Bath Savings night. Tickets to all home games can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2019
- Royals Add D Graves to Active Roster - Reading Royals
- Goaltenders Madsen and Brodeur Return to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Mariners Weekly: Home Cooking Starts Wednesday - Maine Mariners
- It's Time for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- Matt Lane Returns from Milwaukee - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 14 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mark Cooper Loaned to San Antonio Rampage (AHL) - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 14 (January 7-13, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - January 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Gain Four Points for Week 14; Wings Return Wednesday, Hanson Brothers Here Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Weekly, January 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Return Home this Week vs Tulsa - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wings Weekly: K-Wings Prepare to Retire Gagnon's #1 as a Part of 45th Anniversary Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Halverson Reassigned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 14 - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Weekly: Busy Home Week Ahead - Reading Royals
- Americans Sweep Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.