Royals Weekly: Busy Home Week Ahead
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, host three games at Santander Arena this week starting Wed., Jan. 16 vs. Manchester at 7:00 p.m.
Here are the promotions this week:
Wed., Jan. 16 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Manchester: postgame player autographs, pres. by Rieck's Printing.
Fri., Jan. 18 at 7:00 p.m.: the Royals battle Brampton on Pucks 'N Paws Night with the annual wiener dog races.
Sat., Jan. 19 against Wheeling (7:00 p.m.) is a Family Four Pack game, Mascot Mania and Reading's Pediatric Cancer Awareness game with a mini-THON dance party. Get four burgers, four sodas and four tickets for $48. The first 2,500 fans will receive a PA Lottery Voucher, pres., by the PA Lottery. Plus, enter for a chance to win a 2017 Toyota Camry, courtesy of AutoRide of Reading. After the game, join Royals players at the DoubleTree across the street for a party at Cheers! Restaurant.
Reading has earned points in seven straight home games, but the club lost back-to-back contests at Manchester and Worcester last weekend.
17-11-3-5, 42 points, 3rd North
Newfoundland - 51 points
Adirondack - 45 points
Reading - 42 points
Maine - 41 points
Manchester - 38 points
Brampton - 38 points
Worcester - 37 points
Jan. 9 vs. Adirondack: W, 3-1
Jan. 11 at Manchester: L, 3-1
Jan. 12 at Worcester: L, 4-1
1) Frankie all 3
Frank DiChiara has scored in three straight games for the first time in his career, springing to 11 goals and 21 points this season. He is one of five Royals to hit double-digit goals this season.
A second-year professional from Ronkonkoma, NY, DiChiara last scored at least 11 goals in a season playing junior hockey in 2012-13 for Dubuque (USHL).
2) Weekend Preview vs. Manchester, Brampton and Wheeling
The Royals play the Monarchs at home for the first time this season Wednesday. In the previous five games of the series, Reading is 2-1-1-1.
Brampton dropped in a shootout Saturday vs. Maine and the club is 6th in the North with 36 points. The Royals haven't played the Beast yet this season.
Wheeling comes to town in the 177th meeting between the clubs Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
Regular season team leaders
Goals: Josh MacDonald (16)
Assists: Chris McCarthy (25)
Points: Chris McCarthy (33)
+/-: Steven Swavely (+12)
PIM: Adam Marsh (42)
Monday - 10:00 a.m. Body Zone
Tuesday - 11:00 a.m. Santander Arena
Wednesday - Game 7:00 p.m. Santander Arena vs. Adirondack
Thursday - TBD
Friday - Game 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton
Saturday - Game 7:00 p.m. at Wheeling
Sunday - ALL STAR BREAK
Monday - ALL STAR BREAK
Royals Radio Recon: Next Show Tues., Jan. 15
Live from Jimmy G's Railroad House from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Meet Royals players at Jimmy G's Railroad House, 152 Woodrow Ave., Sinking Spring, PA. Listen on mixlr.com/ReadingRoyals or via the Mixlr App.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2019
- Royals Add D Graves to Active Roster - Reading Royals
- Goaltenders Madsen and Brodeur Return to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Mariners Weekly: Home Cooking Starts Wednesday - Maine Mariners
- It's Time for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- Matt Lane Returns from Milwaukee - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 14 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mark Cooper Loaned to San Antonio Rampage (AHL) - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 14 (January 7-13, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - January 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Gain Four Points for Week 14; Wings Return Wednesday, Hanson Brothers Here Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Weekly, January 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Return Home this Week vs Tulsa - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wings Weekly: K-Wings Prepare to Retire Gagnon's #1 as a Part of 45th Anniversary Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Halverson Reassigned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 14 - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Weekly: Busy Home Week Ahead - Reading Royals
- Americans Sweep Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals' First-Ever Education Day Game January 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Ginder Named Royals' Business Development Manager
- Royals Extend Head Coach Kirk MacDonald's Contract
- Chris Powell Joins Royals as Dir. of Corporate Sales and Sponsorships
- Royals' MacDonald Named ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year