Goaltenders Madsen and Brodeur Return to Admirals
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals, ECHL affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, announced a couple of roster moves on Monday. Goaltender Merrick Madsen was initially reassigned to the Tucson Roadrunners of the American Hockey League (AHL) on Sunday morning, but was later returned to the Admirals late Monday afternoon. In addition, goaltender Jeremy Brodeur has returned to the Admirals on loan to the AHL's Binghamton Devils.
Madsen, 23, returns to the Admirals where he has posted a 3-3-0 record with one shutout, a 2.67 goals-against-average and 0.922 save percentage this season. In addition, Madsen is 5-3-0, with a 2.70-goals-against-average and 0.899 save percentage in 11 appearances with Tucson this season. Madsen logged a 10-10-3 record, with a 2.27 goals-against-average and a .918 save percentage during his senior season at Harvard University last season. The 6-5, 190-pound rookie netminder had posted a 28-6-2 record during the 2016-17 season and concluded his collegiate career with a 56-23-8 mark. The Acton, California native was originally drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the sixth-round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. Madsen is under contract with the Arizona Coyotes (NHL).
Brodeur, 22, returns to the Admirals where he has made one appearance this season. Brodeur was acquired on December 21, and was called up to Binghamton on January 5 and did not appear in a game. Brodeur came to the Admirals after registering a 4.09 goals-against-average and 0.888 save percentage with the Allen Americans this season. The 6-1, 186-pound posted a 15-13-1 record with a 3.15 goals-against-average and a 0.917 save percentage with the Americans last season. Brodeur won 70 career games in 124 appearances with the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League from 2014-2017, winning an OHL and Memorial Cup championship in 2015. The Essex, New Jersey native is the son of Hall of Fame netminder Martin Brodeur who played for the New Jersey Devils from 1992-2014.
The Admirals remain at home this week for a three-game set against divisional foe the Jacksonville Icemen this Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Game time for all three games is set for 7:00 p.m.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Wednesday, January 16, vs. Jacksonville, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, January 18, vs. Jacksonville, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 19, vs. Jacksonville, 7:00 p.m. Pink in the Rink presented by Cavalier Auto Group, takes place on Saturday, January 19 against Jacksonville. The game will be played on pink ice and the team will wear pink jerseys. Wear your pink to help us raise awareness for breast cancer prevention and research. There will free be post game "Frozen Yoga" on the ice after the game courtesy of Sky's the Limit Yoga. There will be also be a pregame fan fast prior to the game in the Exhibition Hall at Scope.
Admirals Ticket Information
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2018-19 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget!
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2019
- Royals Add D Graves to Active Roster - Reading Royals
- Goaltenders Madsen and Brodeur Return to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Mariners Weekly: Home Cooking Starts Wednesday - Maine Mariners
- It's Time for All-Star Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- Matt Lane Returns from Milwaukee - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 14 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mark Cooper Loaned to San Antonio Rampage (AHL) - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 14 (January 7-13, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - January 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Gain Four Points for Week 14; Wings Return Wednesday, Hanson Brothers Here Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Weekly, January 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Return Home this Week vs Tulsa - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wings Weekly: K-Wings Prepare to Retire Gagnon's #1 as a Part of 45th Anniversary Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Halverson Reassigned to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 14 - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals Weekly: Busy Home Week Ahead - Reading Royals
- Americans Sweep Wichita - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.