Grizzlies Finish Week Strong
In a Nutshell Utah finishes week with 6-5 OT win @ Idaho. The Grizzlies are now home for 6 of the next 7. Utah returns home Wednesday and Thursday to host Victoria.
Hometown Boy Comes Up Big West Valley City, Utah native D.J Jelitto scored his first professional goal in the first period Saturday, knocking in a rebound. He made it a multi-point night in the third, picking up an assist on Utah's tying goal that forced overtime. The 21-year-old was also charged with a fighting major in the game, completing the *Gordie Howe Hat Trick.*
Another Grizzlies Player Picks Up Traditional Hat Trick Ryan Kinasewich earned his first professional hat trick, scoring three goals Saturday night. That marks the second time this season a Utah player has accomplished the feat - Jeff Miles lit the lamp three times December 3rd at Victoria.
Four-Play (Kinasewich Part 2) Kinasewich also picked up an assist Saturday night, making it a four point evening. It marks the first time this season a Grizzlies player has had a four-point game.
Peppering the Net (Kinasewich Part 3) And finally, Kinasewich also tied a Utah season high Saturday with eight shots on net. Chris Leinweber also had eight shots on goal October 21st versus Phoenix.
Craig For Three Rookie Matt Craig continues to produce for the Grizzlies; he had three assists in Saturday night's win in Idaho. It marks the fifth time this year the Quinnipiac University product has earned three points in one game.
Still Adding Up the Comeback Wins With Saturday's 6-5 win in Boise, four of Utah's 14 wins have come when trailing in the third period. All four of those wins have come on Saturday nights. Utah is also tied for second in the ECHL with three wins when trailing after two periods.
Adding to His Own Record With three points Saturday (1 goal, 2 assists), which included the game-winning goal, Louis Dumont, the ECHL's All-Time Leading Scorer, now has 840 (316 goals, 524 assists) career ECHL points.
Meet Me in St Louis; You're Headed Back to the NHL*. Never Mind Following Friday's game in Idaho, Grizzlies head coach Jason Christie received word that netminder Alfie Michaud had been called up to St Louis. That plan was aborted shortly thereafter, when due to a technicality, the Blues found out that they would not be able to sign the former Vancouver Canuck. Michaud remains with the Grizzlies.
That Was Fast, But* Trailing 5-3 in the third period Saturday night, the Grizzlies tied the game by scoring two goals in nine seconds (Jeff Miles, Ryan Kinasewich.) That is two seconds off of the team record which was set October 29 versus Victoria (Barret Ehgoetz, Matt Craig.)
Holiday Hockey at the E-Center The Grizzlies will be home Monday, December 26th and Tuesday, December 27th hosting Idaho. The next week, Utah hosts Las Vegas on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at the E-Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.