Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week
South Carolina played just one game this week due to a weather related cancellation in Greenville on Saturday. The Rays lost to the Augusta Lynx at home on Friday night by the score of 5-2. After winning six of seven games, the Stingrays are now 1-2-1 in their last four contests. The Rays now have a record of 9-11-6 on the season which has them in a tie for sixth place in the South Division.
Maxime Daigneault is 6-1-1 with a goals against average of 2.25 in his last eight times out. Deryk Engelland and Brad Parsons each lead the Stingrays with ten points on a goal and nine assists in their last ten games. Matt Reid has five goals to lead the Rays in the last ten games along with four assists.
South Carolina's power play continues to be one of the most potent units in the league. The Rays have a power play which clicks at 22.9% and is ranked fourth in the ECHL. The team's penalty kill continues to improve and is now 20th in the league at 79.7%.
Jonas Johansson has made his presence felt with four goals and two assists in four games this season with the Stingrays.
The Stingrays have four games remaining in December with two coming at home and two on the road. South Carolina is 6-6-3 at home and 3-5-3 on the road this year.
Friday, December 16th
Stingrays 2 Vs Augusta 5
The South Carolina Stingrays lost to the Augusta Lynx for the third time this season. Anthony Bataglia had a pair of second period goals for the Lynx including the game winner. Maxime Daigneault suffered his fist loss in nine starts, getting pulled in the second period with the Lynx up 3-0.
Hecimovic Head Over Seas!
The Stingrays announced this week that rookie winger John Hecimovic has left the team to pursue and opportunity in Germany. Hecimovic, a Florida Panthers draft pick had five goals and 10 assists of 15 points in 24 games with the Stingrays. He becomes the second player, after JF David, to leave the Rays for Europe this season.
"John got an offer that was hard for him to refuse," commented Head Coach Jason Fitzsimmons. "We certainly wish him luck in the future."
The Week Ahead
Columbia Visits Wednesday
Wednesday, December 21st 7:05
Radio -6:50 PM on 910 AM
The Skinny: This is the fourth game of the season between these two teams. The Lynx have a record of 2-1 against the Rays, while South Carolina has a mark of 1-1-1 against the Lynx.
At the Rink: Family Fun Friday: 4 Tickets, 4 Hotdogs, 4 Cokes and popcorn for just $44. Moe's Night: Fans get $9.00 tickets when they say "Welcome to Moe's!" at the Ticket Window.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Home Schedule
- Stingrays Announce Coaching Change
- Stingrays 2018-19 Season Recap
- Cherniwchan Signs PTO with Hershey Bears
- Milner Joins Washington Capitals in Stanley Cup Playoffs