Boutin leads in Save Percentage
(Johnstown, PA)-Jonathan Boutin held the Las Vegas Wranglers, Dayton Bombers, Trenton Titans, and Wheeling Nailers scoreless for a combined 144 minutes and three seconds.
Boutin fell just short of the Freddie Deschenes's club record 170:16, set back in 2000. However, Boutin has allowed just one goal in his last three home appearances, dating back to November 18. South Carolina Stingray, Aaron Power scored a shorthanded goal against Boutin at :57 of period 1, over a month ago.
Boutin's home scoreless streak now stands at 179:03. He leads ECHL active goalies, with a .933 save percentage. The stats are impressive enough for a rookie, who still has Junior Hockey eligibility. Just don't call him Jon.
ECHL statistics refer to the 20 year old from Shefford, Quebec, who was Tampa Bay's 3rd selection in 2003, as Jon-a name he good-heartedly rejects.
"No, no, how about Jonathan or Boots?", chuckled Boutin.
Boutin was chasing his 2nd record of the season. He set the Springfield single game record for saves by a rookie, when he stopped 50 of 52 in a 2-1 loss against Hershey on November 5. Boutin also assisted on the only Springfield goal.
With the Johnstown Chiefs precedent setting co-ownership agreement with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Boutin's stay in Johnstown may not last long.
Believe! 5 game Holiday Flex Tickets are still available by calling 1-800-Slapshot.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.