ECHL This Week
December 19, 2005 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
American Conference - North Division
* Brian Gornick has scored a point in 14 of 18 games and is third on the team with 21 points (8g-13a).
* Rookie defenseman Mark Flood has six points (3g-3a) in December.
* Bombers return to action on Dec. 26 at Wheeling.
* Rookie Jon Boutin posted consecutive shutouts on Dec. 10 and 14 and did not allow a goal for 144:03.
* Chiefs have played three one-goal games in a row going 1-1-1.
* Chiefs host Charlotte on Tuesday.
* Greg Hogeboom, who is on call up to Manchester, has the ECHL's longest scoring streak at 12 games (8g-14a).
* Royals have six power-play goals in their last three games.
* Reading opens five-game west coast road trip on Dec. 27 at Stockton.
* Rookie Adam Keefe has four goals and five points in the last three games.
* In December, Storm has scored 14 of its 27 goals in the third period.
* Storm plays at Greenville on Tuesday.
* Scott Bertoli recorded his 400th regular-season point in the ECHL and for Trenton on Saturday against Dayton.
* Titans have the league's best penalty kill at 85.9 percent (134-for-156).
* Titans host division leader Wheeling on Wednesday.
* Kurtis McLean had his second hat trick of the month and season on Thursday and has four multiple-goal games.
* Sean Collins has scored in each of his last five games (2g-5a).
* Nailers play at Trenton on Wednesday.
American Conference - South Division
* Nicolas Corbeil extended his scoring streak to 11 games (9g-12a).
* Twenty of the 21 skaters on the Lynx roster have scored a point in December.
* Lynx host Gwinnett on Tuesday before traveling to Charlotte on Thursday.
* Rory Rawlyk leads the team and is fourth among league defenseman with 23 points (9g-14a).
* Checkers are 3-0-1 and averaging 5.25 goals-per game in their last four games.
* Checkers travel to Johnstown on Tuesday and host Augusta on Thursday.
* Mike Stathopoulos has five points (2g-3a) in his last three games.
* In December, Inferno has scored 14 of its 26 goals in the second period.
* Inferno plays at South Carolina on Wednesday.
* Florida went 2-1-1 and averaged five goal-per game on their four-game road trip.
* Kevin Bergin has 10 points (3g-7a) in his last five games.
* Everblades host division rival Pensacola on Wednesday and Thursday.
* Grrrowl is 2-4-2 in December despite having a goals-against of 2.52 and a plus-minus rating of +34.
* Tim Sestito has three goals and four points in the last four games.
* Grrrowl hosts Toledo on Tuesday.
* Gwinnett is tied for the league lead with 37 third-period goals.
* Gwinnett is 5-0-2 and averaging 4.71 goals in its last seven games.
* Gladiators play at Augusta on Tuesday.
Pensacola Ice Pilots
* Todd Ford is 2-0-0 with a .944 save percentage in the Ice Pilots last two games.
* In December, Pensacola is 4-3-1 and has had four different goaltenders start a game.
* Ice Pilots play at Florida on Wednesday and Thursday.
South Carolina Stingrays
* Jonas Johansson has four goals and six points since joining the team on Dec. 9.
* In December, Stingrays have scored 11 of their 23 goals on the power play which is 47.8 percent of their offense.
* Stingrays host division rival Columbia on Wednesday.
National Conference - West Division
* Team record and ECHL season-high 11-game winning streak ended with 5-4 overtime loss at Victoria on Friday.
* Ryan Gaucher leads the league with 23 assists and leads ECHL defensemen with 30 points.
* Aces play at Victoria on Monday.
* Garett Bembridge has six points in his last three games (4g-2a) and leads the ECHL with 35 points (18g-17a).
* Idaho has scored five or more goals in its last three games and in 12 of its 23 games this season.
* Steelheads play at division rival Phoenix on Wednesday and Thursday.
Las Vegas Wranglers
* In their last 13 games, Wranglers are 12-0-1 and have allowed only 1.92 goals-per game.
* Went 5-0-0 on recent road trip, extending winning streak and road winning streak to seven games.
* Wranglers host Long Beach on Monday and play at Long Beach on Wednesday.
* Dean Tiltgen has four goals, including a game winner, in his last four games.
* Michael Mole is 3-3-0 with a 2.85 goals-against average in December.
* RoadRunners host Idaho on Wednesday and Thursday.
* Ryan Kinasewich set a Grizzlies team record with four points (3g-1a) on Saturday.
* Utah native D.J. Jelitto scored his first professional goal in 6-5 overtime win at Idaho on Saturday.
* Grizzlies host Victoria on Wednesday and Thursday.
Victoria Salmon Kings
* Steve Lingren had three points (2g-1a) in 5-4 overtime win on Friday.
* Mike Wirll (3g-7a) and Lanny Gare (4g-6a) lead Victoria in scoring in December.
* Kings host Alaska on Monday and play at Utah on Wednesday and Thursday.
National Conference - Pacific Division
* Seven of 18 goals scored in December have been on power play, accounting for 38.8 percent of offense.
* Scott Basiuk has a four-game scoring streak (0g-4a).
* Condors host Las Vegas on Dec. 26.
* Falcons have won their last three games and are 3-0-3 in their last six games.
* Thirteen of Fresno's 24 games have gone past regulation (2-1 in overtime and 4-6 in shootout).
* Falcons host Stockton on Dec. 27.
Long Beach Ice Dogs
* Long Beach has won its last three games outscoring opponents 13-5.
* Greg Hewitt is 2-0-0 with goals against of 0.50 and save percentage of .982 in his last two starts.
* Ice Dogs play at Las Vegas on Monday and host the Wranglers on Wednesday.
San Diego Gulls
* Tyler Weiman has stopped 117 of 125 shots (.936) in his last four games.
* Since opening season 1-5-0, Gulls are 10-4-4 in the last 18 games.
* Gulls play at Las Vegas on Dec. 27.
* Joel Irwin played 300th ECHL game on Friday and needs one goal to reach 100 ECHL goals.
* Thunder has scored 47.2 of its goals in third period, overtime or shootout.
* Thunder plays at Fresno on Dec. 26.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.