B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic
Las Vegas, NV - B2 Networks today announced it will broadcast all four games from the Florida College Hockey Classic, live from Germain Arena in Estero, FL on December 27 and 28, 2005. This will mark the first time the event has been carried via broadband to a world wide audience and B2's first major partnership involving college athletics.
The Classic features Minnesota Duluth, Northeastern, and two teams ranked in the top ten in the nation, #10 Cornell and # 8 Maine. B2's coverage will begin on Tuesday, December 27 at 4:05pm EST when Cornell takes on Northeastern. Then at 7:35pm, Minnesota Duluth will hit the ice trying to upend the Maine Black Bears. On Wednesday, December 28, B2 will show the tournament consolation game at 4:05pm, with the championship to be determined at 7:35pm.
Fans wanting to watch the Florida College Hockey Classic via B2 will need a high speed internet connection and Windows Media Player 9 or higher. Each game cost $8 dollars and can be accessed through the website of each participating team or the network website of www.B2now.com. A portion of each pay per view subscription will be given back to the universities.
"We are excited to be able to broadcast this great tournament and showcase NCAA hockey to fans throughout the world," said Greg P. Bell, B2 Networks Owner and CEO. "B2 Networks will broadcast more than 3000 hockey games this season, but this will be our first effort in collegiate hockey tournament play. We hope boosters, family members and fans from all the schools involved will enjoy seeing the exciting action from Florida."
Hosted by the Florida Everblades of the ECHL, the Florida College Hockey Classic enters it's sixth year of bringing top NCAA teams to Southwest Florida. This year's tournament should showcase tremendous talent and spirited rivalries. The Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs of the WCHA are the only team from the Midwest to make the trip south. While Cornell represents the ECAC against Hockey East rivals Northeastern and Maine.
"We are proud to host the Florida College Classic once again this year," said Craig Brush, Florida Everblades' President and General Manager. "We expect to see some very competitive games between four great schools. College hockey at its finest."
B2 Networks is a premier provider of reliable and secure international television and video broadcasting systems, pay per view and billing systems. Our network of arenas, stadiums, local venues, billing systems and data centers are currently in use to distribute live events to computer and television screens around the world. Working with teams from the AHL, ECHL. UHL USHL, baseball's PCL and the National Lacrosse League, B2 has established itself as a leader in innovative direct to home internet and television broadcasting. For more information about B2 Networks, visit www.b2now.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Electric Second: 'Blades Close out Series with 5-1 Win over Jacksonville
- Preview: Everblades Host IceMen on Cusp of Series Win
- Big Ben: Masella's Four-Point Game Lifts 'Blades over IceMen in Game 5
- Berdin Stymies Everblades in Jacksonville's Game 4 Win
- Late Comeback Falls Short in Game 3 Loss to IceMen