Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005
Friday, December 16th
CONDORS 6 at Phoenix 4
Three third-period power play goals spurred the Condors towards a 6-4 victory over the Phoenix Roadrunners at the America West Arena. Six different Condors scored in the victory.
Saturday, December 17th
CONDORS 1 at San Diego 8
Steve Hildenbrand of the San Diego Gulls recorded a hat trick as the Bakersfield Condors fell 8- 1 at the iPayOne Center.
Sunday, December 18th
CONDORS 1 at Phoenix 3
The Bakersfield Condors held the Phoenix Roadrunners to a season low 20 shots on goal, but a late goal by the Roadrunners' Mark Wires was the difference as the Condors ceded a 3-1 decision to Phoenix Sunday at the America West Arena.
Where we are
The Condors (9-9-4, 22 points) sit in fourth place in the Pacific Division, four points behind San Diego for third. Fresno leads the division with a record of 13-4-7 for 33 points.
Notes from the Nest
-Over the course of the past week, fans were invited to vote through bakersfieldcondors.com on a new number for forward Justin Quenneville. By the end of tallying on Monday, 43.1% of more than 300 sumbissions received favored #19, a combination of the two numbers Justin has worn as a professional (#6 and #13).
-Scott Basiuk is on a four-game assist streak, dating back to December 9th. It is the second streak of at least four games for Basiuk this season.
-The six goals scored by Bakersfield in Friday's 6- 4 victory at Phoenix marks the highest offensive output by the Condors this season.
-The Condor defense limited Phoenix to just 20 shots on goal in Sunday's 3-1 loss, representing the fewest of any Condors opponent this season.
-The Condors are 6-0-3 at home this season, taking 15 of 18 possible points in that span. Bakersfield plays four of their next five games at home, including the next three.
On Monday, December 26th, the Condors return home to take on the Las Vegas Wranglers. All fans in attendance will receive a free Condors holiday poster courtesy of UPN-45 and Rio Bravo Country Club. The team will also celebrate the Canadian tradition of Boxing Day, and fans are invited to box up their older gifts for donation to Goodwill Industries.
-Sean Venedam - 3 PPG in one game (ECHL season-high)
-Ryan Munce - 4 shootout wins (1st)
-Ryan Munce - .870 shootout percentage (4th)
-Bakersfield - 35.59 shots/game (2nd)
-Bakersfield - 6,188 fans/game (2nd)
This Week (All Times Pacific)
Idle through December 26th (Home vs. Las Vegas)
Last Week's Record (1-2-0)
Overall Record (9-9-4)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Condors Host Two Games on Wednesday and Stranger Things Saturday
- Condors Apollo 11 Moon Landing Jersey Golden Ticket on Sale
- Malone Extends Streak in Condors 4-3 Loss
- Condors Host Country and Western Night Tonight at 7 p.m.
- Country and Western Night Saturday as the Condors Return Home