Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut
Pensacola, FL - The Pensacola Ice Pilots are proud to announce that former Ice Pilot center Ryan Craig made his NHL debut this past Saturday, December 17 with the Tampa Bay Lightning in their 6-3 loss to Detroit.
Craig scored his first NHL goal in the game during the second period to give Tampa Bay a 3-2 lead. He had 3 shots on goal registering 9:52 of ice time, including 49 seconds of ice time on the power play.
Craig played in five regular season games for the Ice Pilots during the 2003-2004 season scoring 3 goals, 5 assists for 8 points and played in two Kelly Cup Playoff games picking up one assist.
Craig becomes the tenth Ice Pilots' player to play in the NHL and the 284th player from the ECHL. He was selected in the eighth round and was the 255th player taken overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning i! n the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
Other Ice Pilots who have played or are playing in the NHL are Brian Eklund (Tampa Bay 2005-2006), Kevin Colley (New York Islanders 2005-06), Evgeni Artukhin (Tampa Bay Lightning 2005-06), Raitis Ivanans (Montreal Canadiens 2005-06), John Tripp (New York Rangers 2002-03 & Los Angeles Kings 2003-04), Gaetan Royer (Tampa Bay Lightning 2001-02), Evgeny Konstantinov (Tampa Bay Lightning 2002-03), Sean Gauthier (San Jose Sharks 1998-99) and Glen Metropolit (Washington Capitals & Tampa Bay Lightning 1999-2003).
The Ice Pilots will play at Florida this Wednesday and Thursday at 6:30 p.m. central time. Fans can listen to the game on the Ice Pilots Hockey Network beginning with the pre game show at 6:15 p.m. with flagship station classic country AM 1620 and at www.icepilots.com sponsored by Sports Avenue. All Ice Pilots games are available as a pay per view webcast at www.icepilots.com in conjunction with B2 Networks for $6.
The Ice Pilots next home! game is Wednesday, December 28 vs. the Florida Everblades at 7:05 p.m . It is Family Night. Kids 12 and under get in free to the game with a paid adult. A post game skate with the Ice Pilots' players will take place after the game. Admission to skate with the team after the game including skate rental is $8.
can purchase individual game tickets in person at the Civic Center box office, at
any Ticketmaster location, charge by phone at 434-7444 or through the Ice Pilots
website at www.icepilots.com. For group tickets, season tickets, birthday parties
and corporate partnerships, fans can call the Ice Pilots office at 432-PUCK
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.