Gladiators Weekly Update
A Sixth to the AHL! Pascal Pelletier became the sixth different player from the Gladiators to be called up to the AHL this season. He was called up to the Providence Bruins on Friday and appeared in two AHL games over the weekend posting a +1. Pelletier joins Tuomas Tarkki (CHI), Jared Ross (CHI), Chris Durno (MIL), John Awe (POR) and Scott Kelman (MAN) on the list of players called up to the AHL this season.
We don't need 5 guys! The Gladiators scored three shorthanded goals in a 6-3 win over the Toledo Storm on Saturday. All three shorthanded goals came during the second period with Brad Schell posting two of the goals and Jeff Campbell picking up the other man-down tally. Gwinnett now has 10 shorthanded goals on the year, surpassing their total of 7 posted during each of the Gladiators first two seasons.
Pascal Pots Four! Pascal Pelletier posted a team-high four goals in the Gladiators 6-3 win over Columbia on Tuesday night. His four goals was a career high for the Labrador City, Newfoundland native while tying a Gladiators team record for goals in a game. Kevin Doell is the only other player in Gladiators team history to post 4 goals in a game as the forward accomplished the feat twice during the Gladiators inaugural 2003-04 season. For Pelletier, it was his first pro hat trick and his fifth multiple goal game this season.
Three for Schell! Brad Schell recorded his first pro hat trick in the Gladiators 6-3 win over the Toledo Storm on Saturday night. The Scott, Saskatchewan native recorded two of his three goals on the power play with all three markers coming in the second period. It was Schell's second multiple point game this season and the Gladiators second hat trick this year.
Collins Wins his Second! Gladiators goaltender Chad Collins posted his second win with the Gladiators making 27 saves in a 6-3 win over the Toledo Storm. In 10 games this season in the ECHL, Collins has recorded a 3.83goals against average while posting a .867 save percentage.
Dwyer with his first! Jeff Dwyer recorded his first professional goal in Saturday's 6-3 win over Toledo. Dwyer appeared in a combined 22 games last season in the AHL and the NHL registering 2 assists. This year, Dwyer has now recorded a goal and 7 assists for the Gladiators in 19 games.
O-fer on the power play, O-fer in the standings! The Gladiators continue to remain winless with a 0-1-4 record when not scoring a goal on the power play. The Pensacola Ice Pilots kept the Gladiators off the board on the man advantage on Wednesday and squeaked by Gwinnett in a shootout for the win.
Lots of ice but none to skate on! The Gladiators road game in Greenville scheduled for this past Friday, December 16th at the Bi-Lo Center has been tentatively rescheduled for Thursday, January 12th in Greenville at 7:05 p.m. The road game was postponed due to lack of power and bad weather in Greenville on Friday.
Last Week's Games: 2-0-1, 5 pts.
December 13th, Gladiators 6, Columbia 3 - W
Pascal Pelletier had a career night tying a Gladiators team high with 4 goals and chipped in an assist for a career high five points. Guillaume Desbiens notched two assists to extend his point scoring streak to nine games, tying a Gladiators season high for consecutive games with a goal. Jeff Campbell posted the Gladiators other two goals in the win. Gwinnett led 3-2 early in the third period when Columbia tied the game at three but Pascal Pelletier then exploded for three of his four goals to put the game away. Jim Sharrow, Jeff Dwyer, Steve Slaton and Brad Schell each had a helper in the game while Danny Eberly chipped in two assists for Gwinnett. Sean Fields made 18 saves in the win for the Gladiators
December 14th, Pensacola 2, Gladiators 1 - SOL
Pascal Pelletier scored the Gladiators only goal, his ECHL leading 18th of the season. Derek Nesbitt recorded the assist to give Gwinnett a 1-0 lead early in the second. Pensacola tied the game late in the third to send the game to a shootout where the Ice Pilots won the game in the fifth round of the shootout. Sean Fields made 34 saves in the shootout loss for the Gladiators. Guillaume Desbiens points scoring streak was halted at 9 games as he was kept scoreless in the shootout loss.
December 16th, Gladiators @ Greenville - PPD., Weather
Bad weather and lack of power postponed this game which has been tentatively rescheduled for January 12th.
December 17th, Gladiators 6, Toledo 3 - W
Brad Schell posted his first pro hat trick while Jeff Dwyer scored his first professional goal to lift the Gladiators past the Storm. Toledo led 1-0 after the first period. Gwinnett then rattled off three shorthanded goals in the second period, two from Brad Schell and one from Jeff Campbell. Schell completed his hat trick in the second period to give Gwinnett the 4-1 lead after two period. Danny Eberly and Dwyer rounded out the scoring in the third period while Toledo added two goals late for the 6-3 final. Troy Milam finished with two assists for the Gladiators while Chad Collins made 27 saves for his second win with Gwinnett.
This Week's Games:
December 20th, @ Augusta Lynx, 7:05 p.m. - WDUN, News Talk 550
The Gladiators and the Lynx meet for the first time this season at the Augusta-Richmond County Civic Center. The Gladiators lead the season series 2-0-1 beating the Lynx in the last meeting 7-1 on December 6th with all three games so far this season at the Arena at Gwinnett Center. After this game, the Gladiators face the Lynx six more times this season.
This Week's Practice Schedule:
Practices at the IceForum in Duluth are open to the general public. Arena at Gwinnett Center practices are not open to the general public. Media members wishing to attend practice at the Arena should contact the Gladiators PR staff at 770-497-5106.
Monday: 12:10 p.m. - 1:40 p.m. - Ice Forum, Duluth
Tuesday: Game @ Augusta, 7:05 p.m.
Wednesday: Day Off
Thursday: Day Off
Friday: Day Off
Saturday: Day Off
Sunday: Day Off
The Gwinnett Gladiators continue the 2005-06 ECHL season on the road on Tuesday, December 20th as they travel to Augusta to take on the Lynx at 7:05 p.m. The Gladiators offer several ticket packages for different needs as well as group outings, suites and birthday parties. For more information call 770-497-5100 or log on to gwinnettgladiators.com.
The Gladiators play all 36 home games at the Arena at Gwinnett Center located on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth and are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net