Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators
The Gwinnett Gladiators announced today that goaltender Adam Berkhoel has been assigned to the team from the Gladiators NHL affiliate, the Atlanta Thrashers.
Berkhoel made his NHL debut this season with the Thrashes making 24 saves on October 15th in a 5-1 loss against the New York Rangers. He made 32 saves to earn his first NHL victory in a 4-3 win over the New Jersey Devils on October 22nd.
In 8 games with the Thrashers, Berkhoel has recorded a 2-4-0 record while posting a 4.08 goals against average and a .876 save percentage. He also appeared in three AHL games this season recording a 1-2-0 record while posting a 3.02 goals against average and a .922 save percentage.
Berkhoel began his professional career last year with the Gladiators and led Gwinnett in goaltending with a team best 2.43 goals against average while appearing in 24 games.
Berkhoel also led the Gladiators and the ECHL in goaltending during the 2005 Kelly Cup Playoffs recording a 1.53 goals against average in seven games while helping the Gladiators advance to the American Conference Semi-Finals.
The St. Paul, Minnesota native backstopped the University of Denver to a 2004 NCAA national title with the University of Denver during his senior season. He went 24-11-4 and recorded a 2.45 goals against average and a .918 save percentage for Denver that season.
Berkhoel should be available for the Gladiators for Tuesday's 7:05 p.m. tilt against the Augusta Lynx in Augusta.
The Gwinnett Gladiators continue the 2005-06 ECHL season on the road on Tuesday, December 20th as they travel to Augusta to take on the Lynx at 7:05 p.m. The Gladiators offer several ticket packages for different needs as well as group outings, suites and birthday parties. For more information call 770-497-5100 or log on to gwinnettgladiators.com.
The Gladiators play all 36 home games at the Arena at Gwinnett Center located on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth and are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net