Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update
WEEKLY SUMMARY: The Johnstown Chiefs (8-12-7) went 1-1-1 on the week. On Wednesday, the Chiefs and Jonathan Boutin shut-out Trenton 1-0. It was Boutin¡¦s 2nd consecutive shutout. Friday, the Chiefs and Fresno Falcons engaged in a fast paced thrill ride, which the Chiefs sent to a shootout when Tyler Kindle scored with just 15 seconds remaining in regulation. The Falcons won the shootout and the game, 3-2. On Saturday, the Chiefs again engaged in thriller, but were not able to tie Wheeling in the late stages, and fell to the Nailers, 2-1. Jonathan Boutin made 31 saves, but had his scoreless streak snapped at 144 minutes and three seconds.
LAST WEEK¡¦S RESULTS (home team in caps)
Game #24 (12/14/05) JOHNSTOWN 1 ¡V Trenton 0 Boutin 37 Saves Justin Kelly scored the lone goal of the game, as Jonathan Boutin shut-out the Titans. Boutin stopped all 3 shots for his 2nd consecutive shut-out. Adam Henrich set-up Kelly¡¦s goal by creating a two-on-one and sliding a pass across the slot. Gerard Dicaire also picked up an assist.
Game #25 (12/16/05) JOHNSTOWN 2 ¡V Fresno 3 Cey 29 saves In an end-to-end contest, a dramatic goal by Tyler Kindle tied the game at 2, with just 15 seconds remaining. While the Chiefs raced out to a 2-0 shootout lead, they were never able to get number three. The Falcons scored on three consecutive shooters to get the 3-2 win. Goaltender Morgan Cey rebounded with a stellar performance, stopping 29 of 31. Jean Desrochers also scored his first goal since game #3, against Toledo, with an outstanding individual effort¡Xshorthanded.
Game #26 (12/17/05) WHEELING 2 ¡V Johnstown 1 Boutin 31 saves Joe Tallari scored just 3:15 into the contest, as he intercepted a Paul Bissonette pass at the red line, then wristed a shot past goalie Andy Franck from the slot. However, it was the only Chiefs goal as the Nailers controlled play for much of the first and second periods. Sean Collins and Bissonette scored 2nd period goals for Wheeling. The Chiefs dominated the third period, holding the Nailers to just two shots, but could not gain the equalizer. Jonathan Boutin was spectacular in net, stopping 31 of 33. Boutin¡¦s scoreless string of 144 minutes and three seconds was snapped by Collins 2nd period tally.
UPCOMING OPPONENTS: Tuesday, December 20 vs. Charlotte 7:30 p.m. Radio: WNTJ 850-AM, WNTW 990-AM, www.johnstownchiefs.com and www.b2now.com The Chiefs will host the Charlotte Checkers in the Chiefs final game before the Holiday Break. The Chiefs are two points behind the Toledo Storm for 4th place in the North Division. The Checkers are 13-9-2 and in 4th place in the South division.
CHIEFS NOTES: « Jonathan Boutin¡¦s scoreless streak reached 144 minutes and three seconds « Jonathan Boutin has the highest save percentage among active ECHL goalies (.933) « Jean Desrochers¡¦s goal against Fresno was his since October 26 vs. Toledo « The Chiefs are 4-5-1 in their last 10 « The Chiefs are 8-6-3 since their 0-6-4 start
CHIEFS TRANSACTIONS: -F Jason Spence activated from the IR -F Randy Rowe recalled by Springfield -D Brady Greco recalled by Springfield
TEAM LEADERS Goals- Kelly (11) +/- Elliot (+1) WINS- Cey& Boutin (4) Assists- Kelly (14) PIM- Elliott (72) GAA- Boutin (2.47) Points- Kelly (25) PPG- Kelly (6) Save %- Boutin (.933)
Power Play- 15.3% 24 for 157 (19th in ECHL) Penalty Kill- 80.4% 115 for 143 (17th in ECHL)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.