Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week
SAN DIEGO --The Gulls went 2-1-0 last week, picking up wins against Utah and Bakersfield but losing a second place battle versus Long Beach. Centers Alex Kim and Steve Hildenbrand led the charge combining for 11 points in the three games.
WEEK IN REVIEW:
Dec. 12 @ Utah: Red-hot center Kim scored 1:27 into overtime and notched an assist, leading the Gulls to a 2-1 victory, completing a two-game sweep of the Grizzlies. It was a scoreless game until the teams traded power-play goals in the second period. Matt Craig gave the Grizzlies a 1-0 lead 5:13 into the middle frame. Newcomer Patrick Levesque tied it at the 14:01 mark of the second, redirecting Kim's shot past goaltender Justin Eddy. It stayed 1-1 until Kim ended it 1:27 into the extra frame for his second consecutive game-winner.
Dec. 16 Vs. Long Beach: Chris Kenady scored twice and Christian Larrivee notched two assists, leading the Ice Dogs to a 3-1 win over San Diego Friday night in a second-place showdown at the ipayOne Center. The Ice Dogs jumped out to a 2-0 lead on first-period goals by Kenady and Dan Watson. San Diego cut the Long Beach lead in half 10:04 into the second period, thanks to Kim's nice setup play to defenseman Jason Reimers. Kenady ended the Gulls' comeback hopes 8:14 into the third with his second goal of the night.
Dec. 17 Vs. Bakersfield: Hildenbrand scored his first career hat trick, and Tyler Weiman stopped 36 shots, as the Gulls pummeled the visiting Bakersfield Condors 8-1 Saturday night. The Gulls tallied a season-best eight goals to improve to 4-0-0 against Bakersfield this year. Hildenbrand's hat trick marked the first for San Diego since Chris Lynch did it on April 9 last season. Hildenbrand also added a pair of assists for his first-ever five-point game. Jesse Bennefield contributed two scores and two assists, while Kim scored once and tallied two helpers. For the game, six Gulls finished with at least two points.
Individual Notes: Kim has 10 points (4g, 6a) in the last five games and has 17 points in 11 games with the Gulls (8g, 9a)... Hildenbrand has 22 points (8g, 14a) and Richard Keyes has 18 points (5g, 13a) in the last 14 games... Bennefield has assists in five of the last six games... Weiman has stopped 117 out of 125 in his last four games (.936 save percentage)...
Team Notes: San Diego is 10-4-4 over its last 18 games since opening the season at 1-5-0... In those 18 games, 10 have been decided by one goal and five have been decided by two goals... The Gulls are 4-0-0 against Bakersfield this season, outscoring them 15-1 in the last two meetings...
The Gulls don't return to action again until Tuesday, Dec. 27 in Las Vegas. San Diego will then close out the 2005 calendar year with three games in Boise, Idaho (Dec. 29 - Dec. 31). The Gulls' next home game is Wednesday, Jan. 4 against the Alaska Aces, which starts a four-game homestand. All games can be heard on KLSD 1360AM and www.sandiegogulls.com with Chris Ello calling the play-by-play. Most games can also be viewed on the Gulls' Web site, courtesy of B2 Networks (All upcoming games CAN BE VIEWED). Click the B2 Networks (Watch the Game Live) link on the home page for a list of the upcoming telecasted games. To view pictures from this season, visit www.zerodogentertainment.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 19, 2005
- Aces Wild - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder enjoys week off after two losses to Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Players and Coach Visit Hospital - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Look Ahead to Final Week of 2005 - Bakersfield Condors
- Future Mississippi Players Watch - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers, Aces Mirror Each Other In West - ECHL
- South Carolina's Finnerty Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Lynx This Week - Augusta Lynx
- Boutin leads in Save Percentage - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rays Go Winless In Weather Shortened Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls Win Two of Three Last Week - San Diego Gulls
- Grrrowl Announce Make-Up Games - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Offer Christmas Trees To Needy Families - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Weekly Update - Florida Everblades
- Ryan Craig Makes NHL Debut - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Weekly Update - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Nailers Weekly Update - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Weekly Update - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ice Pilots on Two Game Winning Streak With Win vs Gwinnett - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Grab Seven of Eight Points for Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Shorthanded Titans Take Two out of Three - Trenton Devils
- Grizzlies Finish Week Strong - Utah Grizzlies
- Berkhoel Assigned to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Craig Is 284th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly Update - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Inferno Update - Columbia Inferno
- B2 Networks to Broadcast Florida College Hockey Classic - Florida Everblades
- Wires Lights Lamp in Roadrunners' 3-1 Win Over Bakersfield - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.