San Diego Receives ECHL Marketing Award
SAN DIEGO - The ECHL announced on Wednesday that the San Diego Gulls are the 2005-06 recipient of the ECHL Marketing Award.
In the past the award has been presented to a specific individual in an organization. Because of their unique approach to marketing that includes input and coordination from all staff members, the Gulls felt that the award should be presented to the entire staff which is led by Chief Operating Officer Tera Black and Director of Marketing and Game Operations Greg Olmen.
San Diego finished third in the league in attendance with 210,305 and 5,841 per game, bolstered by five crowds of more than 10,000, including a team record (standing-room only)13,001 on Nov. 5. The Gulls raised more than $280,000 for local charities and community outreach programs, up almost eight percent from the record-setting total in 2004-05. Since joining the ECHL as an expansion team in 2003-04, the Gulls have raised more than $750,000 while annually donating approximately $50,000 in game tickets, signed jerseys and sticks and other memorabilia throughout the San Diego community.
ECHL Marketing Award Winners
2005-06 San Diego Gulls
2004-05 George Sandoval Alaska Aces
2003-04 Eric Trapp/John Cunningham Idaho Steelheads
2002-03 Bart Rogers/Mike Nelson Peoria Rivermen
2001-02 Mark Miller Florida Everblades
2000-01 Richard Lisk Trenton Titans
99-2000 Bart Rogers Peoria Rivermen
1998-99 Pat Pylypuik Toledo Storm
1997-98 Neil Hoyt Pensacola Ice Pilots
1996-97 Belinda Wiggins Richmond Renegades
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 14, 2006
- Titans Tab Williams as assistant coach - Trenton Devils
- Curtin and Plourde Re-sign with Falcons - Fresno Falcons
- Wranglers' Lucero named Ticket Executive of the Year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- San Diego Receives ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Receive ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- Thunder Receives ECHL Ticket Department Award - Stockton Thunder
- Dallas Stars sign one-year affiliation extension with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Wheeling's Clutter, Las Vegas' Lucero Share Ticket Award - ECHL
- Clutter Receives ECHL Ticket Executive of the Year Award - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers named as ticket staff of the year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Las Vegas, Stockton Share Ticket Department Award - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.