Curtin and Plourde Re-sign with Falcons
FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno Falcons have re-signed forwards Luke Curtin and J.F. Plourde for the 2006-07 ECHL season. Both players return for their second campaigns in a Falcons uniform after combining for 51 goals and 147 points as two of the team's top three leading scorers last season.
Curtin recorded a career-high 82 points (21g-61a) a year ago on his way to being named First Team All-ECHL for the second time in his career and finishing runner-up for the league's MVP award. The ninth-year pro's many achievements last season included a Falcons record 16-game point streak, his 500th career point, and, after earning a starting nod for the National Conference, MVP honors at the ECHL All-Star Game.
Plourde had a break-out season as Fresno's third leading scorer in 2005-06, smashing his previous career bests for goals (30), assists (35), and points (65). He tied for the team lead with 15 power play goals and was voted the Falcons' Most Outstanding Forward by his teammates. Although Plourde was unable to participate in the team's run to Game Seven of the National Conference Finals due to a fractured vertebra he sustained late in the season, the fourth-year pro is scheduled to make a full recovery and expects to be in the line-up when the puck drops in October.
"After solidifying two important positions on our blue line last week [with the re-signing of Cory Murphy and Matt O'Dette], we've added two of our top-scoring forwards from last season that are both huge elements to the success of our offense," said Falcons head coach and general manager Matt Thomas.
"Luke is a perennial All-Star and a premier forward at this level," continued Thomas. "And J.F. proved to everyone that he's a very capable scorer by hitting the 30-goal plateau last year. He's also the ultimate team guy that, as probably our best pure body checker, brings a physical presence to the game every time he suits up."
Season tickets are already on sale for the Falcons' 2006-07 ECHL season. Guarantee great seats to 36 action-packed home games at Save Mart Center for as little as $324 with just a $100 deposit. Contact the Falcons at (559) 485-PUCK (7825) to reserve your seats today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 14, 2006
- Titans Tab Williams as assistant coach - Trenton Devils
- Curtin and Plourde Re-sign with Falcons - Fresno Falcons
- Wranglers' Lucero named Ticket Executive of the Year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- San Diego Receives ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Receive ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- Thunder Receives ECHL Ticket Department Award - Stockton Thunder
- Dallas Stars sign one-year affiliation extension with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Wheeling's Clutter, Las Vegas' Lucero Share Ticket Award - ECHL
- Clutter Receives ECHL Ticket Executive of the Year Award - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers named as ticket staff of the year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Las Vegas, Stockton Share Ticket Department Award - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.