Falcons Win in Overtime
The Falcons got on the board first at 3:21 of the 1st period. Adam Hobson redirected a Brad Brown shot from the blue line for an early 1-0 lead. Judd Blackwater scored the second goal of the evening for the Falcons at 12:30 of the 1st. But Bakersfield cut the lead to 2-1 just 56 seconds later on a goal scored by Andrew Ianiero. Bakersfield tied it up just 47 seconds later off a Matt Pope goal. At 18:41 of the 1st Judd Blackwater found a puck loose in the slot and went top shelf with it over the outstretched glove of former Falcon Ryan Nie for a 3-2 lead.
The second period saw the Falcons and the Condors trade a pair of goals. Fresno scored at 10:21 of the 2nd off of a Jarrett Konkle goal, and Bakersfield added a goal of their own with just 15 seconds left in the period, with Martin Frechette getting the tally.
In the 3rd period the Condors managed to tie by outscoring the Falcons 2-1 in the period, thus forcing overtime.
With the Falcons on a Power Play that carried over from regulation the Condors were whistled for holding thus putting the Falcons on a 5-3 Power Play. Jarrett Konkle promptly followed with his 3rd goal of the evening for his first hat trick of his professional career. Adam Hobson had a goal and three assists on the evening.
The Falcons next home game is Tuesday Dec 16 at 7:05. The Falcons will host the Stockton Thunder on Lucky Seven Night. All balcony seats are only $7 and seven lucky fans will have the opportunity to spin the wheel for cash and prizes.
Tickets for all Falcons home games can be purchased at the Selland Arena Box Office, or through TicketMaster at (559) 485-TIXS or at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2008
- Falcons fall 5-1 - Fresno Falcons
- Utah rallies for four goals in final 21 minutes - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Win Second-Straight Over Stockton - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall in Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Morin's Four Goals Pace Stingrays Past Florida, 7-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades drop second straight to Stingrays, 7-3 - Florida Everblades
- Nailers defeat Reading Royals for 4th win in last 5 games. - Wheeling Nailers
- Sea Wolves stop Gladiators 4-2 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Fall 4-2 to Sea Wolves - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers stun Cyclones, win 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Costs Cincinnati Cyclones In 3-2 Defeat - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wranglers storm back on Condors, 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Blades get Leggio back from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Wranglers Late Surge Downs Condors 5-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Fresno Falcons - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Goepfert Called up to Hershey Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers - Bakersfield Condors
- Dupuis, Rodney Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 382 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Lamoureux Silences Steelheads, Aces Win 3-0 - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads blanked by Aces, despite thirty-three shot effort - Idaho Steelheads
- Falcons top Condors in overtime, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons Win in Overtime - Fresno Falcons
- Salmon Kings Shutout Roadrunners - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.