Wranglers storm back on Condors, 5-2
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Las Vegas Wranglers came from behind with a four-goal third period to take a 5-2 victory against the Bakersfield Condors, before of 4,823 fans at Rabobank Arena Saturday afternoon. Bakersfield (8-12-4, 20pts) took the lead in the first frame with a pair of goals just over two minutes apart. RW Mike Wirll (right) notched his third of the season, banging in a rebound while shorthanded at 10:40 to make it 1-0. At 12:51, F Andrew Ianiero sent a wrist shot past Wrangler G John DeCaro for his sixth of the season. The goal by Wirll comes over five years after his first as a Condor, back during the 2002-03 season when he made his pro debut in a Condors jersey.
Las Vegas (10-11-2, 22pts) pulled within a goal by scoring the only tally of the middle frame. D Sean Owens beat Condors G Yutaka Fukufuji with a backhand shot from the top of the crease, but the Condors still led 2-1 after 40 minutes. Bakersfield had the lead in shots through two as well, 29-23.
The Wranglers dominated the third stanza to take the win, outshooting Bakersfield 15-6 and scoring four times. D Mike Madill erased the deficit with a power play tally at 8:00. Just 49 seconds later, C Tyler Mosienko gave Vegas the lead with his seventh of the season, and they added a pair of late goals, including an empty net tally to finish the scoring. The win elevated the Wranglers to third place in the Pacific Division, while the Condors remain tied with Stockton for fourth.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2008
- Falcons fall 5-1 - Fresno Falcons
- Utah rallies for four goals in final 21 minutes - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Win Second-Straight Over Stockton - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall in Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Morin's Four Goals Pace Stingrays Past Florida, 7-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades drop second straight to Stingrays, 7-3 - Florida Everblades
- Nailers defeat Reading Royals for 4th win in last 5 games. - Wheeling Nailers
- Sea Wolves stop Gladiators 4-2 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Fall 4-2 to Sea Wolves - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers stun Cyclones, win 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Costs Cincinnati Cyclones In 3-2 Defeat - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wranglers storm back on Condors, 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Blades get Leggio back from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Wranglers Late Surge Downs Condors 5-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Fresno Falcons - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Goepfert Called up to Hershey Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers - Bakersfield Condors
- Dupuis, Rodney Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 382 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Lamoureux Silences Steelheads, Aces Win 3-0 - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads blanked by Aces, despite thirty-three shot effort - Idaho Steelheads
- Falcons top Condors in overtime, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons Win in Overtime - Fresno Falcons
- Salmon Kings Shutout Roadrunners - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Condors Head Coach Jay Woodcroft Signs Three-Year Extension
- Oilers Sign Patrick Russell to One-Year NHL Deal
- Condors Sign Esposito and Iacobellis to AHL Deals
- Condors & Condors Community Foundation Donates $516,661 in 2018-19
- Oilers Sign Brad Malone and Shane Starrett to One-Year NHL Deals