Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Fresno Falcons
Ontario Reign: 12-9-1-1 (26 points) - 2nd place - Pacific Division
Fresno Falcons: 17-8-1 (35 points) - 1st place - Pacific Division
Arena: Citizens Business Bank Arena
Date: Saturday, December 13
Time: 7 p.m.(PST)
Audio Broadcast: B2 Networks or ontarioreign.com audio
Webcast: B2 Networks
2008-09 HEAD-TO-HEAD SERIES
11/21/08 @ FRE L, 2-5
11/22/08 @ FRE L, 0-1
12/13/08 vs. FRE 7:00 p.m.
12/28/08 vs. FRE 7:00p.m.
1/23/09 vs. FRE 7:00 p.m.
3/18/09 vs. FRE 7:00 p.m.
Tonight marks the third game of the season between the Ontario Reign and the Fresno Falcons, and the first time that the teams will face-off against each other at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Fresno leads the current head-to-head series, 2-0, after defeating the Reign in the last match-up, 1-0, at Selland Arena in Fresno. The teams are scheduled to meet an additional three times this season, with all of the games taking place on home ice at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Rookie Geoff Walker leads the Reign with 18 points (8g, 10).
The Reign currently sit in second place in the Pacific Division Standings, nine points behind the Fresno Falcons for first, and six points ahead of Las Vegas, Stockton and Bakersfield (all with 20 points), with an overall record of 12-9-1-1 (26 points). The Reign are 6-5-1 in home games and 6-4-0-1 on the road.
At tonight's game, the Reign, along with Go Country 105 FM, will be giving away bicycles to less fortunate children of the Inland Empire in their Holiday Bicycle Giveaway. With the help of fans donating to the cause, each child will receive four tickets to this evening's game and will receive their bicycle in an on-ice presentation at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
- John Murray - 4 game win streak (4-0-0) (11/26/08-12/6/08)
- Todd Jackson - 2 game point streak (1g, 2a) (12/6/08-12/7/08)
- Tim Kraus - 3 game point streak (1g, 2a) (12/5/08-12/7/08)
- Goals - Jon Francisco, Geoff Walker (8)
- Assists - Geoff Walker, (10)
- Points - Geoff Walker (18)
- PIM - David Walker (47)
- PPG - Jon Francisco (5)
- Wins - Jeff Zatkoff (7)
- GAA - John Murray (2.22)
- SVP -John Murray (0.930)
- Attendance - 5th (avg. 4,846)
- Power Play (overall) - 4th (.199)
- Jon Francisco - 10th (power play goals) (5)
- Andrew Martens - 13th (defensemen scoring) (13 points)
- Geoff Walker - 15th (rookie scoring) (18 points)
- John Murray - 5th (goals-against average) (2.22)
- John Murray - 3rd (save percentage) (.930)
- Jeff Zatkoff - 4th (save percentage) (.929)
Bring out a group of 20 or more to a Reign home game and find out how your group can REIGN over the arena for a night! Special pricing and Reign fan experiences are available for all Reign home games during the Reign's inaugural season presented by the Mission Inn. Contact a Reign representative at (909) 941-PUCK (7825) or visit www.ontarioreign.com for more information.
Single game tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com, at all TicketMaster locations, or by calling (213) 480-3232.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2008
- Falcons fall 5-1 - Fresno Falcons
- Utah rallies for four goals in final 21 minutes - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Win Second-Straight Over Stockton - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall in Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Morin's Four Goals Pace Stingrays Past Florida, 7-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades drop second straight to Stingrays, 7-3 - Florida Everblades
- Nailers defeat Reading Royals for 4th win in last 5 games. - Wheeling Nailers
- Sea Wolves stop Gladiators 4-2 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Fall 4-2 to Sea Wolves - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers stun Cyclones, win 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Costs Cincinnati Cyclones In 3-2 Defeat - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wranglers storm back on Condors, 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Blades get Leggio back from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Wranglers Late Surge Downs Condors 5-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Fresno Falcons - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Goepfert Called up to Hershey Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers - Bakersfield Condors
- Dupuis, Rodney Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 382 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Lamoureux Silences Steelheads, Aces Win 3-0 - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads blanked by Aces, despite thirty-three shot effort - Idaho Steelheads
- Falcons top Condors in overtime, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons Win in Overtime - Fresno Falcons
- Salmon Kings Shutout Roadrunners - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.